Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>Pacquiao vs Mosley
Noodles 09:39 AM 05-07-2011
A potentially dangerous fight for Manny in the early rounds. As long as he sticks to his game plan and not give the fans a "good show", I see a UD win for him.
[Reply]
benedic08 09:47 AM 05-07-2011
Originally Posted by Noodles:
A potentially dangerous fight for Manny in the early rounds. As long as he sticks to his game plan and not give the fans a "good show", I see a UD win for him.
:-)
[Reply]
rebelknight 10:33 AM 05-07-2011
Originally Posted by Noodles:
My dad manages boxers and he says the same thing. The only way Pac Man loses is if Mosley catches him early. Me on the other hand can't see him losing it. His chin is a lot better than it was earlier in his career and I just can't see him going down. And if it goes to the cards I can't see Mosley matching his speed and skill. Manny will out work him. Now we just need Mayweather to stop making excuses and agree to a fight. It would be the greatest fight that I have lived to see.
[Reply]
jerseyjay 08:03 AM 05-10-2011
Horrible fight ! I saw way tooo much 'touchy / feely' attitude that night for the fight to be real.
[Reply]
poker 08:11 AM 05-10-2011
Definetly not an exciting fight.
[Reply]
Mugen910 08:18 AM 05-10-2011
I think Pacman made himself look vulnerable so that Mayweather will consider fighting him.

Then really clobber Mayweather :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 08:23 AM 05-10-2011
Originally Posted by jerseyjay:
Horrible fight ! I saw way tooo much 'touchy / feely' attitude that night for the fight to be real.
Once Mosley went down, he went into "I'm not going to get stopped" mode... It went from a good fight, to boring... Though I did have my interest peaked for a second after the push down in the 10th. It seemed to rile Pacquiao up enough that it seemed that he wanted to hurt Mosley.

Only saving grace was the Pavlik vs Lopez fight before....
[Reply]
Noodles 08:59 AM 05-10-2011
An awful awful fight. Too much "respect" for each other. Not enough fighting.

70 dollars wasted.
[Reply]
Lear31MX 09:09 AM 05-10-2011
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
I think Pacman made himself look vulnerable so that Mayweather will consider fighting him.

[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:17 AM 05-10-2011
All Pacman fights are horrible to watch the last 4 years. He is so good, nobody will or can challenge including Mayweather and that makes the fights boring. Mosely could have made it a fight, if he would have fought. I can't stand to watch boxers dance around and rarely throw a punch like he did. He was obviously worried about going down and out.

Anyone who pays for this stuff is nuts considering there are so many free streams available.

[Reply]
Stephen 09:30 AM 05-10-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
All Pacman fights are horrible to watch the last 4 years. He is so good, nobody will or can challenge including Mayweather and that makes the fights boring. Mosely could have made it a fight, if he would have fought. I can't stand to watch boxers dance around and rarely throw a punch like he did. He was obviously worried about going down and out.

Anyone who pays for this stuff is nuts considering there are so many free streams available.

Last person to stand toe-to-toe with him was Ricky Hatton. I thought Hatton was shot the way he dropped in the second round. As much as I would love to see a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight, it's never gonna happen (hint: it's not because of Pacquiao).
[Reply]
themoneycollector 09:47 AM 05-10-2011
I think Mayweather fights are boring, so when and if this fight happens, I hope I'm wrong. He dances around the ring most of the time and avoids serious exchanges.

Pacman looked incredibly fast this match and strong. Technique was a little sloppy, but he said something about his legs hurting him.

Oh and Mosley stepped on Pacman's foot - knockdown my a$$.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:43 AM 05-10-2011
Originally Posted by Mugen910:

That is what I am hoping for as well...I don't know if Big Mouth can avoid Manny for 12 rounds.

Originally Posted by E.J.:
Once Mosley went down, he went into "I'm not going to get stopped" mode...
Absolutely....just wanted to "survive", and keep his record of never being stopped intact.
[Reply]
Up