Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Just needed to vent
Altra 02:57 PM 05-06-2011
I guess I should have known better then to go to a tobacco store instead of an actual cigar shop. There is a place near me that actually has a 10'x8' roughly walk in humidor with top brands.

I figure great, I will swing in there instead of making the hour trip up to the humidour in Timonium, MD. Well I know I shouldn't expect much but damn there was mold on 25 percent of the cigars in there. When I walked in I felt like I couldn't breath the humidity was so high.

Sigh......So many good sticks in there. Shame.

So much for that little trip today. Planned on picking up a Tat, Illusione, My Father and some Oliva Vs. They had all of those but damn.

Anyway I'm finished with my rant, just wish ALL people who sold cigars gave a **** about the quality in which they keep them.

Shawn
[Reply]
maninblack 03:03 PM 05-06-2011
Let it all out brother!!
[Reply]
roro16 03:17 PM 05-06-2011
Amen brother.
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:29 PM 05-06-2011
Did you say anything to the shop keeper?
[Reply]
Altra 03:35 PM 05-06-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Did you say anything to the shop keeper?
Yeah but I just got this look :-)

Last time I go there, should have made the drive. But in the end I was so pissed I just ordered a box of Tatuaje series Ps to make me feel better :-)

Shawn
[Reply]
SvilleKid 04:15 PM 05-06-2011
No, man! That's PLUME!!! LOL!

That's the response I get 85% of the time that I point out mold to cigar and tobacco shops!
[Reply]
alfredo_buscatti 02:57 AM 05-09-2011
Next time that you go there, if there is a next time, bring a magnifying glass. Mold will appear fuzzy, while plume will look like dust.

If there are so many cigars with plume, it would appear that that B&M doesn't do much cigar business; and there must be a reason for that, more than probably the high temperature in the humidor.
[Reply]
Ogre 05:37 AM 05-09-2011
It's not their primary source of revenue, they just don't care!!!
[Reply]
Altra 05:41 AM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
It's not their primary source of revenue, they just don't care!!!
BINGO....

Just amazes me why one would go through the trouble.

Shawn
[Reply]
Altra 05:43 AM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by alfredo_buscatti:
Next time that you go there, if there is a next time, bring a magnifying glass. Mold will appear fuzzy, while plume will look like dust.

If there are so many cigars with plume, it would appear that that B&M doesn't do much cigar business; and there must be a reason for that, more than probably the high temperature in the humidor.
No need, it was mold 100% and no I will not be returning. I was being lazy instead of just driving out to a known great B&M.

Shawn
[Reply]
Louistogies 02:15 PM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
No, man! That's PLUME!!! LOL!

That's the response I get 85% of the time that I point out mold to cigar and tobacco shops!
ROLF so true! But they don't know what its called. And they always say its the good stuff on there. :-)

We have a lot of shops like that out here. Its either to hot. To moist or dry. And you can bet you'll find mold some where.
[Reply]
dadof3illinois 07:43 PM 05-09-2011
I know the feeling!!! Found some beetles in a box of Hoyo's in a local shope. Owner said he knew about them but didn't want to pull them out of the humi, I don't know why????? I went back in, bought a couple other sticks and when they looked away I threw the box of hoyo's in the trash...LOL. Had to protect any future botl from getting screwed....:-)
[Reply]
Up