Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Wooden Matches vs. Torches
alfredo_buscatti 02:26 AM 05-07-2011
Having come from the pipe world, and even though I have an Old Boy pipe lighter, I always found I could light a pipe reliably with matches; and used them for years, mostly because I could never fill the Old Boy correctly.

But when I graduated to cigars, I saw quickly that the amount of tobacco in a cigar to be managed was far greater than with a pipe, and for me that could be done best with a torch.

I took a few lessons from my tobacconist, and it was off to the races!
[Reply]
Bunker 05:09 AM 05-07-2011
I bought a few of those hong kong, crack-torch looking things you can weld with, work great.
[Reply]
whodeeni 04:01 PM 05-07-2011
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Oh you fancy huh?
"Nails done, hair done, everything did!!!!" Bao you're crazy!:-):-):-)
[Reply]
backwoods357 09:47 PM 05-08-2011
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Like Mark said above, the fuel is what is most important.
I've lost many a good lighter to Ronson fuel, I bought some Vector yesterday and the difference is amazing. I never knew about the filtered stuff until I read about it here. I've used matches but I've gotten a nasty sulfur taste from them even after letting them burn down, so they are out. Where do you buy your cedar spills? I don't think I've seen them at my B&M. Guess I'll look harder. Has anyone had any luck unclogging torch lighters, maybe using an ultrasonic cleaner?
[Reply]
icehog3 11:07 PM 05-08-2011
The vast majority feel the wrath of my Blazer PB207.
[Reply]
DBall 05:27 AM 05-09-2011
A torch...

I'm lazy and appreciate instant gratification. I just want the damned thing lit. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up