Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>I cursed myself, Mac cursed me or Ford Vans are just running amok!
Bunker 03:37 PM 04-22-2011
So, I am feeling better from my recent surgery. Good enough to drive short distances - get coffee, go to the post office....

Well, I am taking a right turn into my post office parking lot this afternoon (about 2 miles from my house), when suddenly there is a Ford Econoline in my passenger window and I am covered in glass.

There was no lane between me and my turn, it is baffling to me as to what the van was doing there.

I try to call the police but my hands are shaking too much to dial correctly so I speed-dial my wife and get out.

I see the driver of the van is on the phone and ask him if he is calling the cops and he nods so I go sit down next to my car.

Cops arrive (they can't figure out what the van was doing there either) and I mention that I am sore but my neck feels and I just had a cervical fusion two weeks ago.

My wife shows just as I am being strapped to a back board and loaded into the ambulance. I just got the once over and a Vicodin and they sent me home. I can feel things getting stiff now, probably in for a miserable weekend.

Luckily it was sort of a T-bon/sideswipe and not a reaend or I probably would have spit my new Titanium plate up on the dash.

I have no car, not sure if it's a total but it looked pretty F'd up. The owner of the Van's insurance co is closed until Monday.

I think I need to go sit down and have a smoke.
[Reply]
jesseboston81 03:40 PM 04-22-2011
Oh man Rick, you can't catch a break!! :-) Glad to hear that there doesn't appear to be any permanent damage, but it sucks that your weekend was ruined! Hope you get things sorted out with insurance and you get a car ASAP.
[Reply]
EricF 03:40 PM 04-22-2011
Glad to hear you only came out with "scratches"

Enjoy that smoke! You seemed to have earned that one!
[Reply]
14holestogie 03:40 PM 04-22-2011
Sorry to hear, Rick. Here's hoping the damage to you is minimal and you heal quickly. The vehicle can be replaced.
[Reply]
Bunker 04:31 PM 04-22-2011
Enjoying a tat havana cazadore and being thankful that it didn't happen tomorrow with my daughter in the passenger seat
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:36 PM 04-22-2011
Rick...so sorry to hear brother!! Did not mean to curse you brother...I believe the Ford Econoline vans are just running amok man. :-) :-) :-) Feel better soon!!! :-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 04:41 PM 04-22-2011
Glad you are OK Rick.

Feel better :-)

Question: Do you have Red Sox license plates? :-) :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 06:20 PM 04-22-2011
I'm sorry to hear about this -- my thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope you feel better soon and that this all gets resolved quickly and in your favor!
[Reply]
Skywalker 06:35 PM 04-22-2011
Glad your alive, sorry you're hurt! :-)

Put you feet up and take it easy!
:-)
[Reply]
TBone 07:16 PM 04-22-2011
Man glad to hear your ok and you didn't do additional damage to the repaired neck...a little soreness is still better than a hospital bed any day...get well soon
[Reply]
backwoods357 09:08 PM 04-22-2011
Heal up soon brother, I'm glad you're ok.
[Reply]
Scottw 09:50 PM 04-22-2011
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Sorry to hear about this.
[Reply]
CasaDooley 09:08 AM 04-23-2011
Glad your OK Rick and hope they gave ya enough Vic's to at least last the weekend! Now try to relax and enjoy a smoke Bro! :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 10:49 AM 04-23-2011
Damn brother! Glad you're ok with no major injuries. I say bomb the hell out of Mac for cursing you.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:53 AM 04-23-2011
Originally Posted by maninblack:
I say bomb the hell out of Mac for cursing you.
Kevin....WTF????? :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 11:01 AM 04-23-2011
I didn't say I was going to. Just suggesting it to Rick. But now that I think about it, sounds like a good idea.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 12:23 PM 04-23-2011
Will keep you in my prayers for healing and recovery.
[Reply]
shark 05:14 PM 04-23-2011
Dooshebag drivers. They're everywhere. And they don't even realize that they're dooshebags. Get well soon, man!:-)
[Reply]
Bunker 12:04 AM 04-24-2011

I will give Chevy credit, the door itself held up pretty well but I am glad the were no passengers.

Not sure if she is a total, but it has been sitting open in the rain for two days no since the insurance company blew me off until Monday. It probaly will be by the time the get back to me.
[Reply]
Wanger 06:24 AM 04-25-2011
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Damn brother! Glad you're ok with no major injuries. I say bomb the hell out of Mac for cursing you.
I agree wholeheartedly. :-)

Glad you're OK, and that they were able to send you home. But seriously, though...WTF? The van driver ever say what they were doing there? Definitely a douchenozzle.
[Reply]
Up