Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>MLB to take over control of Dodgers day-to-day operations!
Darrell 03:59 PM 04-20-2011
Originally Posted by :
"Pursuant to my authority as Commissioner, I informed Los Angeles Dodgers owner Frank McCourt today that I will appoint a representative to oversee all aspects of the business and the day-to-day operations of the Club. I have taken this action because of my deep concerns regarding the finances and operations of the Dodgers and to protect the best interests of the Club, its great fans and all of Major League Baseball. My office will continue its thorough investigation into the operations and finances of the Dodgers and related entities during the period of Mr. McCourt's ownership. I will announce the name of my representative in the next several days. The Dodgers have been one of the most prestigious franchises in all of sports, and we owe it to their legion of loyal fans to ensure that this club is being operated properly now and will be guided appropriately in the future."
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/21/sp...html?src=twrhp

Smh. :-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 04:09 PM 04-20-2011
Looks like Torre is back in charge of the Dodgers :-)
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 04:11 PM 04-20-2011
Not surprised... :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 04:14 PM 04-20-2011
Originally Posted by N2 GOLD:
Not surprised... :-)
Me either and it has zero to do with the Giants and Dodgers rivalry.

They have been in financial trouble for sometime, I remember reading about it in SI back in 2009.
[Reply]
jesseboston81 04:16 PM 04-20-2011
I read this title as "MIB to take over..." and I couldn't figure out what was going on. :-)
[Reply]
CRIMPS 04:25 PM 04-20-2011
This sounds familiar...
[Reply]
CRIMPS 04:26 PM 04-20-2011
From the Texas Rangers perspective, this was a good thing. Maybe, this will be a good thing for the Dodgers as well. But, I wouldn't expect "change" overnight.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 04:30 PM 04-20-2011
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Me either and it has zero to do with the Giants and Dodgers rivalry.

They have been in financial trouble for sometime, I remember reading about it in SI back in 2009.
They got REPO'D by the MLB... :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:37 PM 04-20-2011
Originally Posted by CRIMPS:
From the Texas Rangers perspective, this was a good thing. Maybe, this will be a good thing for the Dodgers as well. But, I wouldn't expect "change" overnight.
This.

Selig is going to set up a committee to investigate the capability of longterm ownership by this idiot. You know how long it takes anything to get accomplished in a committee.:-)
[Reply]
homerjay19 06:10 PM 04-20-2011
Next will be the NY Mets, they continue to get loans from the MLB for operating expenses.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:58 PM 04-20-2011
Originally Posted by homerjay19:
Next will be the NY Mets, they continue to get loans from the MLB for operating expenses.
Someone has to pay the salaries of all the players we've cut. (Castillo, Pererz, etc) :-) :-)

Watch your mouth!! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Up