Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Tornado check in
ashtonlady 10:03 AM 04-18-2011
Is everyone safe from the tornados this weekend? I have not seen Albert Smith post. And I know there are more.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:51 AM 04-18-2011
We got lucky here. Tornados to the north, south, and east of us, but we got nothing but heavy rain and a bit of wind.

Thoughts and prayers out for all of those who have no homes to go to right now in Raliegh, Sanford, Fayetteville and other areas. And for those who lost loved ones and family.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 11:01 AM 04-18-2011
Gloucester, VA got hammered, Volt's hometown, but I've heard he's okay.
[Reply]
Average Joe 11:03 AM 04-18-2011
Some areas around me got hammered, but nothing here. Counting my blessings...
[Reply]
awsmith4 11:06 AM 04-18-2011
Originally Posted by ashtonlady:
Is everyone safe from the tornados this weekend? I have not seen Albert Smith post. And I know there are more.

Laura was on Skype with me Friday night while I was sitting outside when the tornado sirens started to sound and a ominous voice boomed over the loud speaker "Seek shelter immediately"

Laura, I apologize I didn't send a message but we didn't even suffer a downed limb. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those that did not fair as well.
[Reply]
OHRD 11:31 AM 04-18-2011
Middle GA got hit pretty hard, confirmed tornado in the area. Two streets over from me, every 5th house or so had a fallen tree (mostly large pines), and about half of those were on homes. No injuries though, but lots of damage.
[Reply]
backwoods357 11:43 AM 04-18-2011
Still alive, not surprising as I'm part cockroach. From what I hear the tornado hit the BJ's on the East-west connector and tore the roof off. Matt and Albert, glad to hear you are both fine. Do you have yellow fiberglass insulation all over your yard too? I guess BJ's lucked out when they chose to close that location.
[Reply]
hotreds 11:59 AM 04-18-2011
Mooresville just had rain- looks like everything intensified once it headed east of my outlaws.
[Reply]
Up