Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Rocky Patel 2009 spring collection robusto
Don Fernando 12:20 AM 04-10-2011
I know that in recent reviews I said I hadn't found a Rocky Patel I liked, since then I smoked the Rocky Patel Edge maduro double corona and the Patel Bros, two cigars I really liked, so I decided to give this Rocky Patel spring collection robusto from 2009, a 5x50 robusto made with a Nicaraguan filler, a Nicaragua grown Pennsylvania seed broadleaf binder and Sumatra wrapper topped with very flashy double bands.

The Sumatra wrapper is quite dark but dull and smooth, I see a few small veins. The cigar has a strong straw smell. The construction feels good and I get a good predraw. I taste raisin and some pepper on my tongue.

Peppery coffee, lots and lots of pepper, that's what I taste the first half inch. Then the flavors turn into leather with some wood and later even some chocolate on the background.

After an inch and a half I taste nuts. half an inch later I also taste herbs and pepper with the leather, wood, nuts and chocolate. After two thirds the flavors are mainly pepper and nuts with some chocolate. The flavors change to pepper and wood.

The smoke time of this cigar is an hour and five minutes. The draw is hard but the burn is good. I get plenty of medium thick smoke. The white colored ash is firm. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? I might, if I can find them cheap

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 6 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
emopunker2004 12:26 AM 04-10-2011
:-)
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 07:44 AM 04-10-2011
:-)
[Reply]
TBone 08:33 PM 04-10-2011
Thanks Ferd, I'm a lover of all things RP I'll have to find me one and give a burn.
[Reply]
mfarre03 11:51 PM 04-20-2011
Same here, such a RP whore also, I don't think I have smoked a Rocky I didn't like!
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 10:22 AM 04-21-2011
Thanks for the review... :-)
[Reply]
kickerb 11:35 AM 04-21-2011
thanks for yet another great review
[Reply]
Starscream 06:53 AM 04-22-2011
I've about given up on Rocky's stuff. My tastes have changed (I used to love everything RP), but I may have to give this one a try.
[Reply]
Up