Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>EP Carrillo New Wave Connecticut
Bill86 09:26 PM 05-16-2011
Great review, we got these on the shelves today and I picked up the Robusto. Going to see how these smoke tomorrow.
[Reply]
poriggity 09:47 AM 05-23-2011
Nice review. I've got one more of these to smoke and review.. the first couple I've had were excellent though.
[Reply]
timj219 01:30 PM 01-29-2012
I bought a fiver of the stella (5 1/8x42) awhile ago and had another one of them today. This might be my new favorite connie. At least as good as the Oliva Connecticut reserve and a good contrast with it because it's less mild. Love that grassy cedary flavor. Great value.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 01:54 PM 01-29-2012
I have heard good things about these...Thanks for the review! Just saw a some at B&M in Pittsburgh and should've grabbed a few. I will look forward to trying them in the near future. :-)
[Reply]
okiemusicman 03:30 PM 01-29-2012
I've tried several different vitolas and the Stellas are by far my favorite in this line. These really open up going into the second half. Definitely the best connie I've had to date!
[Reply]
Subvet642 03:57 PM 01-29-2012
I'm lovin' these too, smoked a robusto Friday, but my next fiver is gonna be the Stellas.
[Reply]
lenguamor 09:51 PM 01-29-2012
Smoked a NWC robusto at EPC thanks to Ernie Carillo and the fabulous Hernandez brothers.

A couple of things stood out to me smoking this great cigar: one, the flavor and complexity. Rare in a Connecticut, the depth and breadth of this stick blew me away. And this wasn't just power for power's sake; this was a flavor bomb. The combination of a long bout with the flu and the fact that this was the 3rd cigar in just a matter of hours prevented me from discerning any individual nuances, but they were there nonetheless.

And the other thing that stood out was that this lacked any of the bitterness, sourness or off-flavors which often accompany a Connie wrapper. This was sweet and without anything off-putting.

I was impressed, but then again it's blended by Ernesto Carillo so excellence should come as no surprise.
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 01:24 AM 07-18-2013
Just smoked one of these in the "El Decano" size which is a 6x60. I'm usually not a fan of RG's this big, nor a big fan of Connecticut wrapper cigars, but I was definitely pleased with this one. Overall flavor was that of nuttiness, buttery, and very smooth. I also experienced the somewhat brittle wrapper issues that the OP described, but it did not take away from the smoke at all. This is the first time I've smoked one, but I would definitely recommend it and will probably be looking for a fiver or two of these. Nice smoke.
[Reply]
heavyd 08:56 PM 09-15-2013
I just bought a box of Stellas. This is a great review. I am really looking forward to these now.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up