Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>April Fools Jokes
Eleven 09:36 AM 04-01-2011
I shoulda started thinking about this earlier. What are some of your 'good ones'?

Last year I called my wife after my son's hockey practice and told her the coach kicked him off the team...she actually believed that one. I had to calm her down.

I also called my oldest son and told him I broke my arm. He actually believed that as well.

This year I posted a picture of a 'broken leg' in a cast on facebook. It's about half and half with some people sending condolences and some wondering if it was an April Fools joke.
[Reply]
yakman 10:18 AM 04-01-2011
We just told our 11 yr old son that he was gonna be a big brother. By the look on his face I thought he was gonna crap himself. We finally had to remind him what today was.
[Reply]
BlindedByScience 10:21 AM 04-01-2011
One year I took a screen cap of a co-workers computer, icons, toolbars and all, turned it upside down and set it as his wallpaper.

Poor guy must have fiddled with it for ten minutes before he asked "...OK, how the hell did you do that..??..."
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:22 AM 04-01-2011
Maybe I should have started a thread here instead of the Jokes forum.
[Reply]
jesseboston81 10:36 AM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by Eleven:
This year I posted a picture of a 'broken leg' in a cast on facebook.
I just stole this one from you. It works well with the late-season snowstorm we just got here!
[Reply]
markem 11:29 AM 04-01-2011
Went down to my local coffee shop and got the owner to pull this joke. First, you need to know that Portland is very much a coffee snob town and that the 'preferred' local beans are Stumptown, which my coffee shop uses.

Sign next to the cash register:

Now Proudly Serving Starbucks Coffee

We should have had a video for the expressions from the regulars.
[Reply]
Eleven 11:33 AM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
Maybe I should have started a thread here instead of the Jokes forum.
Maybe I should have though to post this there!
[Reply]
Mugen910 11:43 AM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by markem:
Went down to my local coffee shop and got the owner to pull this joke. First, you need to know that Portland is very much a coffee snob town and that the 'preferred' local beans are Stumptown, which my coffee shop uses.

Sign next to the cash register:

Now Proudly Serving Starbucks Coffee

We should have had a video for the expressions from the regulars.

That's pretty funny!
[Reply]
Brutus2600 11:49 AM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by NotFromHere:
One year I took a screen cap of a co-workers computer, icons, toolbars and all, turned it upside down and set it as his wallpaper.

Poor guy must have fiddled with it for ten minutes before he asked "...OK, how the hell did you do that..??..."
Sad thing is I did this to one of our totally and utterly inept sys admins a few years back. Took a screen cap of his desktop, set it as his background, hid his icons and taskbar, then let the hilarity ensue.

Unfortunately I had to go offsite for a call, then when I get back I find out that he had been messing with it FOR TWO HOURS. He was about to format and reinstall his computer when somebody happened by his desk and helped him out.

He was the highest paid person in our department besides our director.

He also doesn't work here anymore :-) (for completely unrelated other reasons)
[Reply]
Gophernut 11:53 AM 04-01-2011
My wife just called me to tell me that our 21 year old daughter is pregnant again. She just gave birth in November, so I was shocked, but not into disbelief. It took me a while before I finally could even say anything. I got up walked down the hallway here at work, and asked her if this was an April Fools day deal. I owe her one now!
[Reply]
markem 12:08 PM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by Gophernut:
My wife just called me to tell me that our 21 year old daughter is pregnant again. She just gave birth in November, so I was shocked, but not into disbelief. It took me a while before I finally could even say anything. I got up walked down the hallway here at work, and asked her if this was an April Fools day deal. I owe her one now!
Tell her that one of your coworkers overheard you *****ing about the pregnancy before you realized it was a joke. He told the whole office and teased you, so you punched him and broke his nose. You have a meeting with the boss and the HR person at the end of the day.
[Reply]
markem 12:12 PM 04-01-2011
For the truly geeky, here is the April Fools release from the IETF (the folks who brought you the Internet)

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc6217/?include_text=1

This one is pretty good as well

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc5984/?include_text=1
[Reply]
markem 05:31 PM 04-02-2011
I love the Google Motion prank

http://mail.google.com/mail/help/motion.html
[Reply]
Devanmc 05:51 PM 04-02-2011
they had a "few" this year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google%27s_hoaxes#2011
[Reply]