Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>flavored tips
sparkboss 11:54 AM 03-23-2011
i've tried a few different infused cigars lately and some of them (mainly acids) had a flavored tip that was really displeasing. how common is it for cigars to have the flavored tip with similar taste to the acid blue line "wafe" and "connecticut rush"?
[Reply]
macsauce13 11:56 AM 03-23-2011
Not very common at all. Flavored cigars often have them, but even non-infused cigars like Flor de Oliva, have an option where the wrapper is sweetened. Not very pleasant at all in my opinion.

As always, YMMV.
[Reply]
sparkboss 12:59 PM 03-24-2011
do this flavors ever vary at all? if so what other flavors have you heard of?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:04 PM 03-24-2011
Originally Posted by sparkboss:
do this flavors ever vary at all? if so what other flavors have you heard of?
No, not much. It's just a sweetened pectin they use to apply the cap(s). That's what you have to deal with when smoking artificially flavored cigars.

Nasty stuff, imo. :-)

I've got some Robert Burns pnatelas from the 50's that boasts a sweetened tip. After all these years, you can still taste it.
[Reply]
sparkboss 12:00 PM 03-25-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
No, not much. It's just a sweetened pectin they use to apply the cap(s). That's what you have to deal with when smoking artificially flavored cigars.

Nasty stuff, imo. :-)

I've got some Robert Burns pnatelas from the 50's that boasts a sweetened tip. After all these years, you can still taste it.
THATS DISGUSTING.

so i guess this means i really wont be much of an infused cigar person cause im too distracted by the nasty taste to enjoy the cigar!!
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:25 PM 03-25-2011
I like cigar flavored cigars. :-)
[Reply]
Bunker 12:51 PM 03-25-2011
If stuck on a desert island with a box of Acids but not enough rope to hang myself, I would cut that sweetened tip off, turn that sucker around and smoke it backwards all the while still hoping I somehow choked to death.
[Reply]
thecatch83 01:19 PM 03-25-2011
The only place flavored sticks belong is at the bottom of a repository.........
[Reply]
chippewastud79 01:29 PM 03-25-2011
Haven't had the pleasure of a flavored cigar since smoking Honey Havanas back in my teenage days, not good at all. :-)

If you happen to have extras and don't intend on smoking them, the troops seem to love them. :-)
[Reply]
sparkboss 12:14 PM 03-26-2011
^^^ this is true, i am one of the tropps but i considered giving them all away (even though they were a gift from another troop) but i couldnt just give somethin away somebody really wanted me to try! nothin wrong with just sharin one a few times though eh? :-)
[Reply]
loki993 10:12 PM 03-27-2011
Yeah the sweet tips on the Acids never really did it for me either. I user a wet paper towel and that gets most of it off. They're better that way I think.
[Reply]
sparkboss 12:13 PM 03-29-2011
i'll have to try this :-)
[Reply]
Thammy 10:17 PM 03-29-2011
I started with those little flavored ones you get at gas stations. I used to love them. Until I tried quality cigars and now if I try to smoke any flavored ones, they make me literally sick.
[Reply]
sparkboss 12:42 PM 03-30-2011
like backwoods and swisher sweets?
[Reply]
Thammy 10:45 PM 03-30-2011
Originally Posted by sparkboss:
like backwoods and swisher sweets?
Haven't had swisher sweets. Had backwoods though. Mainly Prime times the most as well as occasionally Don carbones, Colts, and Captain Black. Prime times are not as bad as the rest in my opinion though.
[Reply]
sparkboss 11:39 AM 03-31-2011
where would you rank phillies amongst all of these?
[Reply]
Up