Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Great customer service by Famous
jesseboston81 07:45 PM 03-21-2011
This story gets kind of long, but I just wanted to share an experience I had with Famous over the last couple days that left me pretty impressed with how classy they are. On Friday Famous sent an e-mail with a link to their new sale items. I clicked on the link right after receiving the e-mail and was scanning through the sale items when I noticed a type of cigar that is usually (in my experience) restricted from online sales. Thinking, "what luck!," I added it to my cart, but when I went to make the purchase it had disappeared. I e-mailed Famous about what had happened and was told they would give me the sale price but that the order had to be placed over the phone. So I called up to make the order, but the gentleman told me that they were selling at the regular price. I explained what happened and told him I had been speaking with So-and-So, and he said, "OK, let me walk down the hall and talk to her." Well, apparently So-and-So was his supervisor, and he came back just two minutes later and said that everything was cleared. Then--shockingly--he asked me how many I wanted! I said, "I don't want to shaft you guys, but could I get two boxes?" He said, "I don't blame you; take advantage of that price!" The whole interaction was very pleasant--they didn't make me feel like I was taking advantage of them; they just admitted their mistake and said they were honoring the prices that anyone happened to have seen. I really didn't expect it to turn out that way, and fully expected them to just say, "sorry, our mistake, but we can't honor that price." But in the end, thanks to a couple class acts at Famous, I'm getting two boxes for $130 shipped when one box is $106 regular price! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:49 PM 03-21-2011
Cool!! :-) :-)

So...what was the stick?
[Reply]
Ogre 07:54 PM 03-21-2011
Sweet deal bro!! I have had good customer service with them as well.
[Reply]
quantim0 07:58 PM 03-21-2011
I had a sampler come from them with one split wrapper and a cracked foot. I called them and they immediately credited my account. They are good people.
[Reply]
Humpdebump 10:42 PM 03-21-2011
Always have great service from them
[Reply]
icehog3 10:45 PM 03-21-2011
Always nice to hear about the positive experiences. :-)
[Reply]
BlindedByScience 11:13 PM 03-21-2011
Glad it worked out for you. Had them confused with another vendor....Famous is good folks.

Got to admit, my best luck has been with building relationships with the smaller vendors....but these guys aren't bad.
[Reply]
Cigahs 06:58 AM 03-22-2011
Glad to know things worked out well...

I know what cigar this was (but will let Jesse decide whether or not to tell you)... We were featuring the brand online in error and got a call from the supplier to remove it. Since we treat our suppliers with the same degree of fairness and respect that we treat our customers, we complied without hesitation. The price was also adjusted to a higher threshold but has been adjusted today to something attractive but not quite "the steal" that Jesse got it for.

Humberto
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:49 AM 03-22-2011
Thanks for sharing the positive!!!:-)

Famous is top rate! I purchase from them regularly!!!
:-)
[Reply]
Coach Deg 08:02 AM 03-22-2011
I like dealing with Famous. Feel even better knowing they stepped up when they should.
[Reply]
maninblack 09:30 AM 03-22-2011
Awesome!! Love to hear stories like this.
[Reply]
jesseboston81 09:07 PM 03-22-2011
I just chose not to share the brand because I didn't want some googling passer-by to see it and try and scam Famous without having seen the original sale.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 09:18 PM 03-22-2011
:-) I've bought more NCs from Famous than any other source.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:52 PM 03-22-2011
Famous has been a great vendor to me. Will concur that their customer service is top notch.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 09:55 PM 03-22-2011
I mostly buy from CI, cigar.com, and famous/cigarmonster
[Reply]
CoreyD 07:35 AM 03-23-2011
I never had to contact customer service, never had any issues with the so far, always great purchases without conflict.
[Reply]
Bunker 07:56 AM 03-23-2011
Famous has always treated me well.
I once bought a similar "mistake" from them when I caught a early morning look at their sale and saw a box of Cabaiguan 46 Maduro's for $68.

My order processed and then they suddenly were listed as out of stock, but I got the box for the advertised price without any argument (and they were tasty).
[Reply]
Up