Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Cain Daytona #4
Don Fernando 02:14 AM 03-18-2011
The Cain Daytona #4 is the smallest cigar from the Cain Daytona line with a 5x42 size and it is the second review in a series of 6 Cain Daytona reviews. Cain Daytona is the latest Studio Tobac release and the cigars are made with just Jalapa ligero instead of a blend of Jalapa, Condega and Esteli ligeros like the other Cains, which makes them smoother as Jalapa ligero is the smoothest of the three.

The latte colored wrapper has a few veins. I feel a good construction and smell a barnyard. The predraw is fine and I taste a lot of red pepper, a lot.

I taste coffee with a lot of red pepper and after a quarter of an inch I taste some soil on the background. After an inch I still taste that earthy flavor with chili pepper and some nuts. I also taste some dry herbs.

Halfway I taste some wood with pepper and some earth on the background. After two thirds I taste more nuts with chili pepper. The cigar gets spicier, the earth flavor gets stronger just like the chili pepper.

The smoke time is an hour and thirty minutes. The draw is good. I got a lot of smoke. The burn is great and the silver gray ash is firm. I got a huge flame when I purged the cigar. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? I think so, I liked the flavors but I'm not sure about the vitola. I liked the short robusto better, but that one isn't for sale.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 9 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
Patrick B 02:22 AM 03-18-2011
Another great review. Had my first one in this size tonight and loved it.
[Reply]
thecatch83 04:34 AM 03-18-2011
What about the shape and size aren't you sure about? An hour and a half from a 5 inch with good burn/draw/smoke sounds respectable. Great review!
[Reply]
Don Fernando 05:37 AM 03-18-2011
Originally Posted by thecatch83:
What about the shape and size aren't you sure about? An hour and a half from a 5 inch with good burn/draw/smoke sounds respectable. Great review!
Not sure about the vitola in "there are other vitolas in the same line, that might be better" (and I will let you in on a little secret, the torpedo is the best of them all imho, review in a few days)
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 06:59 AM 03-18-2011
Thanks for the great review. I'm not sure I can handle the large amount of chilli pepper, but I may try one at least once.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:46 AM 03-18-2011
Thanks for the review Ferdie.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:06 AM 03-18-2011
This was the size that Gerard gifted me. :-)
[Reply]
issues 10:26 AM 03-18-2011
This has been my favorite size of the Daytonas so far but I have yet to try the torp (I have one in the humi just waiting to be burned).

This is one of my favorite Oliva cigars.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 10:39 AM 03-18-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
This was the size that Gerard gifted me. :-)
you mean Geard? :-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 11:08 AM 03-18-2011
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
you mean Geard? :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Cornrow_Wallis 10:17 AM 03-19-2011
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Not sure about the vitola in "there are other vitolas in the same line, that might be better" (and I will let you in on a little secret, the torpedo is the best of them all imho, review in a few days)
I think I saw this mentioned in another thread, but the torpedoes are on joe's daily deal. 10 for $40 if anyone wants to try them.
[Reply]
RCS44 06:47 PM 09-09-2011
Great cigar, better in the smaller sizes than the bigger ones
[Reply]
Up