Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Tampa Sweet Heart & Flor De Ybor City Bundles
JohnnyFlake 08:39 PM 11-17-2008
Do any of you have any experience with either of these bundled cigars?

I have heard some good things about the Flor De Ybor City Bundles, however, I have never heard anything about the Tampa Sweet Heart Bundles.

Most sizes in the Flor De Ybor cost about $57 for 20 count bundles, and most sizes in the Tampa Sweet Heart Bundles cost about $32

Any feedback on the above will be appreciated!

[Reply]
barbourjay 09:05 PM 11-17-2008
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake:
Do any of you have any experience with either of these bundled cigars?

I have heard some good things about the Flor De Ybor City Bundles, however, I have never heard anything about the Tampa Sweet Heart Bundles.

Most sizes in the Flor De Ybor cost about $57 for 20 count bundles, and most sizes in the Tampa Sweet Heart Bundles cost about $32

Any feedback on the above will be appreciated!
the flor de ybor city belicoso sungrown is by far the best of the bunch. after some age it has almost the same flavor profile of the 8-5-8 sungrown. i've had a few of the sweet heart bundles and the best was the number 50 in maduro. they are good yard gars. stay away from the short fillers :-)
[Reply]
shilala 09:16 PM 11-17-2008
I like me some Tampa Sweethearts, but I have a box of Ybors that aren't fit for consumption. They have about 8 months on them now, so they might be worth a try.
To date they stand as one of the worst cigars I've ever tried although they were suggested pretty highly.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 09:17 PM 11-17-2008
I've had good luck in the past with the Maduro Ybor City offerings. Primarily the Presidente and Coronas, if I remember correctly. A nice medium blend with the excellent construction one would expect from Fuente. Well worth the money in my opinion. :-)

I've never tried the Tampa Sweethearts.
[Reply]
barbourjay 09:44 PM 11-17-2008
Originally Posted by shilala:
I like me some Tampa Sweethearts, but I have a box of Ybors that aren't fit for consumption. They have about 8 months on them now, so they might be worth a try.
To date they stand as one of the worst cigars I've ever tried although they were suggested pretty highly.
which blend?
[Reply]
jaycarla 10:21 PM 11-17-2008
I have had the Tampa Sweetheart Maduros, the No.50 and the No.150, they are well worth the price.

For under $2.00 a stick, pull the trigger!

Of the two, I like the No.50 the best.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 09:58 AM 11-18-2008
I've had the No. 85 in sungrown and it's very good. Mild enough for the first smoke of the day. The wrapper shade was off compared to the pictures on line, but I've heard that happens often as these aren't the top of the line fuentes.
[Reply]
Domer 03:38 PM 11-18-2008
Another vote for the TS #50 Maduros. These things are great. They are apprenticed rolled by Fuente. They aren't the prettiest things but they are tasty. I also like the 500 when they are out of the 50's.
[Reply]
Sailchaser 03:52 PM 11-18-2008
Originally Posted by jaycarla:
I have had the Tampa Sweetheart Maduros, the No.50 and the No.150, they are well worth the price.

For under $2.00 a stick, pull the trigger!

Of the two, I like the No.50 the best.
I picked up a few of these at ybor this weekend and they are not bad at all ,up here in the snow some times you only have time for half a stick and they work out well
[Reply]
dunng 04:00 PM 11-18-2008
Originally Posted by barbourjay:
the flor de ybor city belicoso sungrown is by far the best of the bunch. after some age it has almost the same flavor profile of the 8-5-8 sungrown. i've had a few of the sweet heart bundles and the best was the number 50 in maduro. they are good yard gars. stay away from the short fillers :-)
I love the Flor de Ybor City Maduro! They get even better after they have rested! :-)
[Reply]
WyoBob 01:04 PM 11-19-2008
I've never smoked any Flor de Ybor City's but have gone through several bundles of the T.S. #50 and #280 (?) Pretty good bang for the buck but I'd prefer the Sancho Panza double maduro Quixote over the T.S.'s.

IMO, if any cigar does not benefit from aging, it would be the T.S. maduros. These were better during the first months off the truck than 1-2 years later. These might have smoked better if they'd been stored at 70% as opposed to the 65% that I use in my coolers.

WyoBob
[Reply]
sjnovakovich 07:41 AM 11-24-2008
I smoke Sweethearts all the time. They are the same tobacco as the premium line, its just that they are rolled by apprentices. If you can deal with the occasional construction problem (they are few and far between), go for it. For $2 or less a stick, its a no-brainer for me.
[Reply]
Up