Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>spoiling myself
GTsetGO 06:14 AM 03-03-2011
Soooo, i decided to spoil myself a little while over here in bangladesh. I ordered myself a Larrivee D-02 Acoustic Guitar Limited Edition. My brother will be picking it up from a shop near him and i will get it once i get back home.

Larrivee D-02 Features:

* All solid wood construction
* African Sapele back and sides
* Three Piece Mahogany Neck
* Canadian Sitka Spruce Soundboard
* African Ebony Fretboard & Bridge
* Canadian Maple Body Binding
* Multi Strip Rosette
* Symmetrical X-Bracing
* Dovetail Neck Joint
* Rounded Larrivee Headstock with rosewood overlay
* White Wood-Fiber Inlaid Logo
* Chrome Tuners (18:1 Ratio)
* Ivoroid Fretboard Binding
* Microdot Fretboard Inlays
* Traditional Larrivee Tortoise style Pickguard
* D'addario Light Gauge Strings

[Reply]
jwillm 06:20 AM 03-03-2011
beautiful
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:21 AM 03-03-2011
She's a beauty Rob. :-)
[Reply]
GTsetGO 06:35 AM 03-03-2011
i just hope i can learn to play well enough to give it justice.
[Reply]
TBone 07:33 AM 03-03-2011
Nice guitar...but didn't you put the cart before the horse...most people wouldn't spend that much dime to learn to play...just sayin
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:36 AM 03-03-2011
I like it Bro! Maybe you could serenade us one day!
[Reply]
GTsetGO 07:53 AM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by TBone:
Nice guitar...but didn't you put the cart before the horse...most people wouldn't spend that much dime to learn to play...just sayin
nah. buy something that will last a lifetime.

no since in buying a $500 guitar to learn on (then buy something nicer later on) when you can get a $1300 one for $700 and learn on something quality. and never have to buy another one again.
[Reply]
Krish the Fish 01:11 PM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by GTsetGO:
nah. buy something that will last a lifetime.

no since in buying a $500 guitar to learn on (then buy something nicer later on) when you can get a $1300 one for $700 and learn on something quality. and never have to buy another one again.
Great idea in theory... but it's sort of like cigar accessories. Sure you've got a lighter, cutter, and traveldor, but that won't stop you from buying more, right?

:-)

By the way, great looking guitar!
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 02:30 PM 03-03-2011
Nice guitar! Ive never played a Larrivee, but have heard good things about them. Sometimes paying a little more on something to learn on will give you the extra motivation to stick with it.
[Reply]
GTsetGO 05:48 AM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish:
Great idea in theory... but it's sort of like cigar accessories. Sure you've got a lighter, cutter, and traveldor, but that won't stop you from buying more, right?

:-)

By the way, great looking guitar!

true. it's been that way with all my instruments. but i just want this one so that i can jam with my brother and nephew when we get together.

Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
Nice guitar! Ive never played a Larrivee, but have heard good things about them. Sometimes paying a little more on something to learn on will give you the extra motivation to stick with it.
amen on the motivation. the wife will be pissed if i don't play it. :-)

my nephew has one and it sounds incredible.
[Reply]
shilala 05:55 AM 03-04-2011
Congratulations, Rob!!! :-)
Gorgeous guitar. Even if you don't play it, she'll look good on a stand in the living room. :-)
[Reply]
GTsetGO 06:00 AM 03-04-2011
thanks scott.
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 06:06 AM 03-04-2011
You only live once, so why not! Nice
[Reply]
GTsetGO 07:04 AM 03-18-2011
well, i guess the picture that i found online wasn't of the right guitar. but my brother was kind enough to send me pictures of my guitar now that it is in his hands.

[Reply]
Humpdebump 06:02 PM 03-20-2011
Very nice, I'm getting an ESP electric from a work program. Never played, always wanted to so I figured why not, maybe my kids will get an interest when I get it.
[Reply]
hotreds 07:41 PM 03-20-2011
For a minute I thought this said "soiling myself." Now I see that it's the same thing!
[Reply]
GTsetGO 06:27 AM 03-21-2011
i figure i will do that since it will mean i am at home and not in bangla anymore/
[Reply]
smelly4tay 07:45 AM 03-21-2011
very nice guitar!
[Reply]
Up