Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Don Pepin Garcia blue delicias
Don Fernando 03:26 PM 03-01-2011
The Don Pepin Garcia blue delicias is a 7x50 churchill size Nicaraguan puro with a Nicaraguan corojo wrapper and it has a 6 euro price tag here in The Netherlands, which is a great price for a 7 inch cigar. From the blue series I reviewed the 6x50 generoso in the past and the Famous Smoke Shop exclusive firecracker.

This cigar has a greasy dark wrapper with some veins. The cigar has a strong barnyard smell. The construction feels soft and inconsistent. The predraw is fine and I taste tobacco with a little bit of pepper.

I taste some sweet coffee with a little bit of herbs and pepper. Soon after I taste some wood with herbs, smoother and milder than expected from a Don Pepin Garcia smoke though. I taste wood and herbs, but the wood flavor is not the regular wood I taste so often, I can't really tell what kind of wood it is. I taste some pepper in the aftertaste and the flavors are mild creamy.

After two inch the pepper disappears and right before I reach the middle point of the cigar I taste some cacao with the returned pepper and herbs. I still taste the funny but pleasant wood flavor. After two thirds I taste herbs with a peppery aftertaste. The pepper grows and grows in strength, now this is what I expect when I smoke a Don Pepin Garcia, this is his signature.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and forty minutes. The draw is great, but the smoke starts out poor, not much in volume and very thin although I get more and thicker smoke along the way. The burn needs to be corrected two times. The light colored ash is firm. This cigar if full bodied, it started out medium flavored but ended really strong and full flavored.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, I liked this cigar

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
Matt1951 05:35 PM 03-01-2011
I like this cigar too, but. It gives me the strongest nicotine buzz of any cigar I have tried, too much for me. Great taste though.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:10 PM 03-01-2011
This is one of the DPGs that I cannot get into. I don't get the pepper from these that everyone talks about. Nice review Ferdie.
[Reply]
Patrick B 08:27 PM 03-01-2011
Nice review. Love me some blues...
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 08:48 PM 03-01-2011
Great review...I love these also
[Reply]
76GTFan 09:35 PM 03-01-2011
Always a staple. Has anyone else thought the old label blends seemed better?
[Reply]
Krish the Fish 03:22 PM 03-03-2011
This is my favorite size of the blue label. I have tried the magnates, and haven't had the lancero in a while, but I like what the blend does and the filler-wrapper ratio at this size.

Great review!
[Reply]
Steve 03:54 PM 03-03-2011
Another fine review.

A nice cigar, but definately somewhat delicate in construction. I enjoy them, but find I have to really "baby" them to keep from having it fall apart.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 06:29 PM 03-03-2011
Nice review, this is the blend that really made me a fan of DPG
[Reply]
Ogre 06:41 PM 03-03-2011
I just finished a DPG Blue. Great cigar.
[Reply]
BigAsh 07:05 AM 03-04-2011
I love the DPG Blue....thanks Ferdie!
[Reply]
rebelknight 10:21 AM 05-20-2011
One of my favorite go to cigars. First box buy I've ever made
[Reply]
Up