Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>So my wife got paid today....
Bunker 12:04 PM 02-24-2011
I talked to my bank and they said they couldn't really do anything. If it was a mistake they should catch it today when the paper check is printed and they realize they have no one to give it to. I am going to do nothing for now and see what happens.
[Reply]
shilala 12:04 PM 02-24-2011
Here's the thing...
If they paid it to you by mistake, you're gonna have to pay it back.
While you don't know if it was a mistake, you're not going to spend it, even if you need it.
Maybe call and see what it was for? That way at least you'll know, and you guys can either use the money, or if they are due it back, and you choose to jerk them around, the jerking can commence full speed.
The "not knowing" thing just sucks. A phone call isn't helping them a bit. It may help you guys, though. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:12 PM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
Here's the thing...
If they paid it to you by mistake, you're gonna have to pay it back.
While you don't know if it was a mistake, you're not going to spend it, even if you need it.
Maybe call and see what it was for? That way at least you'll know, and you guys can either use the money, or if they are due it back, and you choose to jerk them around, the jerking can commence full speed.
The "not knowing" thing just sucks. A phone call isn't helping them a bit. It may help you guys, though. :-)

Scott is wise!
[Reply]
TonySmith 02:14 PM 02-24-2011
You never go wrong by taking the high road. :-)
[Reply]
Bunker 09:39 AM 02-25-2011
Well, they actually mailed us the stub so it must be back pay.

I would think legally they have no leg to stand on if they tried to get it back now - mailing it is essentially handing her the check.:-)
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 10:15 AM 02-25-2011
Did the stub say what it was for? If it was a mistake, they probably still have a leg to stand on, especially if they can show you guys suspected it might have been a mistake and did nothing. Of course, they'd only know this if you told them, or if you posted it in a publicly viewable area of a cigar forum.
[Reply]
Bunker 01:39 PM 02-25-2011
They'd have to get the dog rat me out.
[Reply]
OHRD 01:58 PM 02-25-2011
At some of my previous employers, when I've started it has taken an extra two weeks for me to get my first paycheck - they withhold to get you started, then when you quit/etc, there is an additional check. I've experience this twice.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 02:00 PM 02-25-2011
Originally Posted by OHRD:
At some of my previous emlpployers, when I've started it has taken an extra two weeks for me to get my first paycheck - they withhold to get you started, then when you quit/etc, there is an additional check. I've experience this twice.
:-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:25 PM 02-25-2011
Originally Posted by OHRD:
At some of my previous employers, when I've started it has taken an extra two weeks for me to get my first paycheck - they withhold to get you started, then when you quit/etc, there is an additional check. I've experience this twice.
All of your pay (wages, vacation, etc.) that is owed to you is supposed to paid to you when you terminate, at the time of (or on the day of) your termination. Some exceptions to this are funds being held for a 401k that do not meet the minimum requirements for an account. Funds in an employee stock purchase plan can also fall in this category. These can take 30 days or more to be refunded.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up