Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>How do you find out Cigar Events?
jovenhut 09:55 PM 02-22-2011
Is there anywhere that lets you know when shops in the area will be having an event? cigarcyclopedia.com is gone so where do you find out?

thanks in advance
[Reply]
icehog3 10:01 PM 02-22-2011
I get on all their e-mail lists, Bruce, most you can sign up for on the net....they send me e-mails about all the events.
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:35 PM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I get on all their e-mail lists, Bruce, most you can sign up for on the net....they send me e-mails about all the events.

We are fortunate around here in the local B&M's don't seem to pass out or otherwise sell their mailing lists.

Also, a couple of the B&M's have Web Pages, so I can always check out their event calendars on the Internet. If your B&M does not have anything online -- you should suggest to them that it would be a good idea.
[Reply]
T.G 10:48 PM 02-22-2011
Not all of the shops around here have mailing lists, and I don't care about events for a number of the manufacturers, so for the cigar makers and manufacturers that I would be interested in attending an event for, I sign up on their websites for the info updates and just read them when they send them out.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 10:36 AM 02-23-2011
:-)...and some of the shops keep customer lists and they'll notify you of upcomming events too.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 11:20 AM 02-23-2011
Same around here, too. They also send inventory updates and other stuff.

Also on FB.
[Reply]
jsnake 11:39 AM 02-23-2011
Just ask if there is an email list at your local shops you like to visit. Sometimes you can sign up on their websites if they have a good one. Also, a few manufacturers have email lists that you can sign up for.

I post Kansas City Events on my blog. Basically I check websites, get emails, get Facebook notifications, and I make calls so I can cover all of the local Kansas City area events.
[Reply]
vzontini 06:47 PM 02-23-2011
I am lucky to be friends with SmokingHotCigarChick so she keeps me in the loop on most events. She is on Facebook so I get event invitations which handily sync with my phone. Gotta love technology that makes it easy to find cigars.
[Reply]
EricF 08:24 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Same around here, too. They also send inventory updates and other stuff.

Also on FB.
What they said!!!!!!:-)
[Reply]
Chemyst 08:51 PM 02-23-2011
I check out the local b&m websites, usually.

Holts actually gave me a 2011 calendar with their
events highlighted every month. They have an
event nearly every month.

This Friday at Holts is Drew Estates.
Think Dirty Rats and Flying Pigs!

In May is Padron and in October is Tatuaje. IIRC,
Rocky and Fuente stop by over the summer.
I missed Oliva in January. :-)

It's about an hour trip to Holts, but worth it.
I probably get there 3-4 times each year.
Everything is msrp. No more, no less. OpusX,
Anejo, VSG and other htf, but especially Fuentes.

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
Neens 09:09 PM 02-23-2011
I signed up at my B&M and they call or e-mail when things are going on but for everything else I have to keep my ear to the ground.
[Reply]
Up