Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Ever smoke a good cigar, but it just wasn't what you were looking for
loki993 09:29 PM 02-18-2011
I just did. I had a DE Liga Privada T52 last night that was excellent, awesome smoke, really.

So tonight I decided I wanted a smoke. After looking through the humi I settled on a Nub Cameroon. Normally a good cigar, but it just wasn't the flavor I was wanting tonight. It was still good, but I just didnt enjoy it as much as I should have. Maybe I should have went with a Brazlila lol. Oh well.
[Reply]
enlightenedcigar 10:18 PM 02-18-2011
That happened to me today as well, I had a Padron earlier today while playing with the new pup and then lit up an Illusione 4/2G and I was just needing something a little more fuller bodied. Got to love those T52s though!!!
[Reply]
emopunker2004 10:22 PM 02-18-2011
Originally Posted by enlightenedcigar:
That happened to me today as well, I had a Padron earlier today while playing with the new pup and then lit up an Illusione 4/2G and I was just needing something a little more fuller bodied. Got to love those T52s though!!!
i had a T52...but it's currently on its way to someone in a bomb. :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:23 PM 02-18-2011
Sure. Then I go get what I was looking for and smoke it. :-)
[Reply]
enlightenedcigar 10:35 PM 02-18-2011
Exactly!
[Reply]
JJG 09:14 AM 02-19-2011
I feel this way every time I smoke a LFD. They're good cigars, just not quite suited to my tastes. now the LG Diez line is a different story...mmmm :-)

I feel the same way about the PAM Principes. They are one of my favorite short smokes and I always keep a handful in the humi. When I'm in the mood, I really appreciate the complexity and have thought to myself more than once that they could even pass for Cuban. However, sometimes when I smoke one, they are just too harsh and I wish I had reached for something else.
[Reply]
Nathan King 09:49 AM 02-19-2011
I had this happen once. I was smoking an Ashton VSG (which I usually enjoy) but was just in the mood for something very mild (think Hemingway) and really didn't enjoy myself as much as usual.
[Reply]
loki993 12:04 PM 02-19-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Sure. Then I go get what I was looking for and smoke it. :-)
Originally Posted by enlightenedcigar:
Exactly!
Yeah I'm just not normally a 2 cigar a night person and it was late anyway. I also don't like to give up on a cigar so once In start one I have to finish it.

Man still though the LP was really good, probably heading to the B&M to get more today lol. Don't even care they're 12 a stick, well worth it IMO.
[Reply]
CigarNut 12:18 PM 02-19-2011
Happens to me all the time. Usually because no matter how good a stick i have markem lights up something even better...
[Reply]
Chemyst 07:54 PM 02-19-2011
I feel that way about CAO Sopranos.
One of the best CAOs I've smoked, but not quite what I want,
especially for the coin.

I'd rather have a WOAM, La Riqueza or VSG.

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
chand 08:06 PM 02-19-2011
Went with a Queen B. Halfway through I was wishing I has grabbed a Padilla 1932. :-) There's always a next time.
[Reply]
Swif 08:12 PM 02-19-2011
I have tried the Ashton ESG twice now and they don't do anything for me.
[Reply]
gasmaskd 05:57 AM 02-20-2011
Plenty of times. Cigars are so diverse in taste and flavors that sometimes I come across one that doesn't quite agree with me.
[Reply]
loki993 10:10 AM 02-20-2011
Well I made up for it last night I guess. My friends like the Coffee infused cigars, the DE Java and the Tabak Especial, so Ive kinda been wanting to try them. The infused sticks aren't something I could smoke all the time buy they're ok every now and then. It wasn't a bad smoke at all.
[Reply]
Up