Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Cain FF torpedo Review
guado 12:31 PM 02-18-2011
I'm at work today so I don't have a chance to post up pictures and write an elaborate review. I smoked this with friends one of which is on here(issues).

The cigar had a very light tangy sweetness vs the traditional barnyard I get. That is the best I can describe it. The cigar was beautifully crafted. A couple of veins were noted however they were not intrusive.

The cap clipped cleanly. The draw was a bit tighter than I would like.

Cold draw on the cigar provided a vegetative type flavor and not in a bad way.

Initial light had some balls. The one thing I noted is there was not the amount of spice I was expecting. Nose burn on exhale..lol. Flavors were cedery with an espresso.

Transitioning to the second third the espresso maintained in the background and a tangy vanilla note wafted in the background. The spice mellowed out to a background player from here. That made me sad as I LOVE spice. LOL

Towards the end the espresso maintained and was accompanied by an almond type profile with a faint spice. The draw did open up around the last third when I manipulated the cut end a little bit. Smoked much nicer after that.

This cigar I will say has a tad more body that the Cain F550 with very similar flavor profiles. This cigar burned razor sharp although did require one touch up.

To sum it up this cigar fits right in with Cain F junkies who want a little more of a nic hit. I will probably stick with the regular Cain F as I think that cigar has just the right amount of body for me.
[Reply]
issues 01:14 PM 02-18-2011
Nice review, I didn't expect you to say it has the same flavor profile since the wrapper didn't have anywhere near the spicy smell the regular Cain F does.
[Reply]
maninblack 01:34 PM 02-18-2011
Thanks for the review! Looking forward to trying one!
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:10 PM 02-18-2011
Nice review Eddie. I love me some spice in my sticks too. :-) :-)
[Reply]
guado 06:20 PM 02-18-2011
Originally Posted by issues:
Nice review, I didn't expect you to say it has the same flavor profile since the wrapper didn't have anywhere near the spicy smell the regular Cain F does.
It was definitely weird tony....not sure what to think...
[Reply]
thecatch83 09:55 PM 02-18-2011
I pretty much like everything made by Oliva, might have to give this a try.
[Reply]
nofeardiver 10:05 AM 03-04-2011
nice thanks for the review
[Reply]
Ogre 06:00 PM 08-14-2011
I love this cigar. I would rate this right with the Cain Daytona!!!!

[Reply]
Up