Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Nub Event w/ Photos
Vitis 11:20 AM 11-16-2008
I attended a Nub event yesterday at J&J Cigars in Shoreline Washington. Sam Leccia, "inventor" of this format was there doing some rolling and talking about his cigars. The size is not a format I would generally reach for, but I have to say I was somewhat impressed. I had a Cameroon which was smooth and creamy and then later a Habano which was much more intense, smoked longer and gave me a healthy nic buzz. :-)

Sam is a great guy and an excellent promoter of his work. I learned alot just from talking with him and it's wild to think that a garage roller in Pittsburgh could end up making a cigar brand that's this popular. Very cool. To me it was very much like spending time with winemakers. Their wines take on new meaning to you. Although the Nub ring guages are way to big for my taste, I would certainly be more apt to smoke these after meeting Sam and hearing his story and his vision.

A nice event and well worth attending. I have a new respect for the Nub line.

~Vitis
[Reply]
MWiltse 11:37 AM 11-16-2008
I went to the one down at Smokey Joe's on Friday. Sam's a good guy and it's nice to see him having some success.
[Reply]
Cigarcop 11:50 AM 11-16-2008
Nice pics and that must of been pretty cool to see him in action.
[Reply]
elderboy02 12:39 PM 11-16-2008
Nice pics! I do like the Nub Cameroon as well.
[Reply]
Walt 07:50 PM 11-16-2008
I can't believe Sam is still doing events after the long initial run. I can't image how much of a drain it is to do so many events so often. Back around Cigarfest I did 3 or 4 events in just as many days and I was wiped out.... and I was only smoking cigars not rolling and talking to people.

Sam is a great guy and I'm glad everything is paying off for him.
[Reply]
Vitis 07:57 PM 11-16-2008
Originally Posted by Walt:
I can't believe Sam is still doing events after the long initial run.
No kidding, I looked at his event schedule on the website and was :-)
[Reply]
Sr Mike 06:11 AM 11-19-2008
Trying to be like Rocky Patel and hit 300 events a year.
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:40 AM 11-19-2008
Very nice!!! Thanks for the photos!!!
[Reply]
dunng 08:48 AM 11-19-2008
Not much of a Nub fan just due to the size, but it looks like a great event! :-)
[Reply]
Up