Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Ok whos done it?
RevSmoke 02:01 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Why do you think that jabs would fly at you for drinking Hot Cocoa with your cigar? Been their done that. In fact, love to do it, but there is a knack for matching the best cigars to the hot cocoa.

So, all you taste is chocolate? Hmmm, sounds like only a minor problem.
Cure 1 - Take a sip of water to cleans palate after the hot cocoa, then cigar.
Cure 2 - What's the matter, you don't like chocolate? Just enjoy it. (OK, that was a smart aleck answer)
Cure 3 - Get some other flavors of hot cocoa (white chocolate, caramel flavored, etc...) Here's a link to some different flavors that mix with H2O. These are high quality mixes. http://www.coffeeforless.com/sub_category.asp?id=347
Cure 4 - try teas.

You know what, my favorite is a white chocolate hot cocoa and now I have a craving for that and a AF Anejo, yuuuummmmmmm. http://store.mrswagesstore.com/b247-aa375.html

Enjoy brother.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Oh yeah, if you want to buy in bulk, try this.

http://yhst-49102581809114.stores.yahoo.net/cocoas.html
[Reply]
Krish the Fish 02:40 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by Ranger_B:
Virgils Root beer is my go to drink lately with my smokes. But with this weather I may be looking more into this Hot cocoa stuff. I got a gift of some kind of fancy hot cocoa that you have to simmer and what not may have to try that.
I love Virgil's, but it never seems to last long enough to make it out with me while I'm smoking.

I do want to try Hot cocoa with a stick that has cocoa flavor notes though.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 06:16 PM 01-05-2011
I tried an ECCJ with some Hot Cocoa yesterday and it went much better. I had the Dark woodsy flavors I get with the ECCJ. Leather, spice, plus the chocolate flavors from the cocoa and I think it did make a good cigar better. I totally made the most of the drink with whip cream (the real kind you actually whip) and some caramel. I am going to have to try one of the salted cocoas from that coffee chain that charges 5 bucks a cup soon.

Rev thanks for the heads up I picked up some white hot chocolate to try.
[Reply]
neoflex 06:51 PM 01-05-2011
Sounds like it could be a good combo. I may just have to add cocoa to this weeks shopping list.
[Reply]
nick2021 07:58 PM 01-05-2011
Hot Cocoa with their cigar? With all my medications it is very rare that I can enjoy a good bourbon or wine with my cigar anymore. Well I love coffee and normally do that however, with the Keurig I picked up so Hot Cocoa for the kids and just made one to try with my Padron 45th. Let me tell you what all I taste is chocolate. Not bad but I miss the leather and spice I normally find. I may had to have more Hot Cocoa with other smokes. Let the Jibs and Jabs fly I know I am walking into it with this one.
All the time, however, I'm back on my diet so no hot cocoa for now :-) I do have hot cocoa quite a bit though...dunno what it is, just enjoy it a lot!
[Reply]
bigmanfromou 10:07 PM 01-05-2011
I rather enjoy some Big Tuba Spicy Hot Chocolate with a cigar, on occasion.
[Reply]
Tank 12:45 AM 01-06-2011
Hot Cocoa with their cigar? With all my medications it is very rare that I can enjoy a good bourbon or wine with my cigar anymore. Well I love coffee and normally do that however, with the Keurig I picked up so Hot Cocoa for the kids and just made one to try with my Padron 45th. Let me tell you what all I taste is chocolate. Not bad but I miss the leather and spice I normally find. I may had to have more Hot Cocoa with other smokes. Let the Jibs and Jabs fly I know I am walking into it with this one.

Never tried it! I am not a morning smoker at all. Occasional daytime cigar smoker when there are other fellas to herf with during football, lakes, etc. But for me coffee is darn good with a cigar. As is root beer, Coke, and even diet root beer and diet Dew! I have friends who drink water while they smoke. I guess whatever brings compliments your cigar pallet is okay as long as you like it.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 08:30 PM 01-12-2011
cabaiguan guapo with some bittersweet hot cocoa. This is the best mix I have come up with yet.
[Reply]
sammyboy405 11:13 AM 01-16-2011
I Drink alot of "Irish Coffee" with mine.. And you can maybe do the same. Just dont put as much liquor in it. Im on alot of med too and have to be careful. but I do 1/4 shot of Jameson, and a Shot of Baileys in a Regular 10oz cup of Coffee. And With a Tubac Especial Cigar that rocks!
[Reply]
Ranger_B 03:04 PM 01-16-2011
Sammy thanks. I have not tried a coffee in a while. I was looking at one last night as a matter of fact in a restaurant we where eating at. I may have to mix one up and give it a shot.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up