Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>NYC advice
floydpink 05:15 PM 12-31-2010
It's been a very long time since I've been back to NJ and am going in the New Year, at the end of May.

I'm lucky to have the opportunity to spend 3 days in NYC and can chose from the Marriott at the Brooklyn bridge or one of two in Times Square, or one on the Upper East side with an indoor pool.

My initial feeling is to grab the Times Square Marquis, but was told I would have a better time across the Brooklyn Bridge from a coworker from Brooklyn, due to a rebirth of great restaurants she said. I'm not a big eater and a slice of pizza or a deli sandwich at Katz's is enough to keep me rolling.

Most of what we plan to do is sightseeing and a trip to the Zoo for my little one and hopefully some nightime fun for my wife and myself with a cigar bar as a big bonus.

I guess what I'm asking is if I am making the right call to pick Times Square?
[Reply]
jitzy 05:38 PM 12-31-2010
Yes you are, the one on the Upper east side is across from a housing development and kinda out of the way for anything your looking to do. Being in Times Square will be very busy but theres at least a lot of stuff to do there.
[Reply]
BlackDog 07:02 PM 12-31-2010
If you were more of a "foodie" then I'd say stay down by the Brooklyn Bridge. Your friend is right, there are some wonderful places to eat at in the area. And of course you're walking distance to most of the lower end of Manhattan. But if you're there with the family, I think Times Square would offer you more to see and do.

If time permits, take your kids to China Town. We went a few years ago (I'm originally a New Yorker) when my kids were roughly 10 through 15. When we were driving down Canal Street I swear their eyes were going to bug out of their heads. To this day they still remember the fresh fish markets as one of the most interesting things they saw on the trip.
[Reply]
MiamiE 07:03 PM 12-31-2010
Pete check out the thread I started! I am heading over there in a few days.
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 03:23 PM 01-01-2011
Stay in Times Square....its the best way to see the most with little kids...be sure to visit the holy land...Yankee Stadium...
[Reply]
Blueface 04:16 PM 01-03-2011
Pete, the Marquis at Time Square is an awesome choice.
[Reply]
jonumberone 04:20 PM 01-03-2011
This showed up in my inbox today.

http://www.budgettravel.com/bt-dyn/c...src=newsletter
[Reply]
Up