Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>In Greece for the Holidays - Sticks??
SSDVC 06:05 AM 12-24-2010
Anyone know of any decent Euro sticks to pick up while I am here?
[Reply]
SSDVC 01:16 PM 12-25-2010
So, no ones has been to the land of olive oil? I am going out Monday and looking for some Cubans and other Euro cigars.
[Reply]
Ismith75 01:46 PM 12-25-2010
Originally Posted by SSDVC:
So, no ones has been to the land of olive oil? I am going out Monday and looking for some Cubans and other Euro cigars.
There are a ton of great cigars to be had there...really depends on what you like and how much you want to spend. There are three LCDH's there and all will have plenty to offer. Depending on how familiar you are with CC's, you might want to start with PSD 4's or Monte 2's...both classic smokes. You should have no problem finding great cigars. :-)
[Reply]
Ismith75 01:50 PM 12-25-2010
If you're looking for something especially Greek I believe there was a Bolivar Regional for Greece and Cyprus this year aswell. Can't speak to it's quality but I'm almost positive they had one.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 02:52 PM 12-25-2010
One of the guys got some Montechristos in Europe and they fell apart on him while he was smoking. They were probably fakes so watch out.
[Reply]
Bill86 02:59 PM 12-25-2010
I 2nd Ian's suggestion PSD4 :-).
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:47 AM 12-26-2010
Depends on where you go, SmokeyNL and Wanger went to Corfu earlier this year and didn't find any, except for some barberpole MC's.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:40 AM 12-26-2010
Originally Posted by Ismith75:
If you're looking for something especially Greek I believe there was a Bolivar Regional for Greece and Cyprus this year aswell. Can't speak to it's quality but I'm almost positive they had one.
Good advice. I would also go for the Regional Edition Habanos or any aged/odd ball cigars if the merchant has any. I bet cigars in Greece are not cheap.

Aside from cigars, I would want to bring back different herbs and spices from a local market.
[Reply]
hotreds 07:59 AM 12-26-2010
Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
One of the guys got some Montechristos in Europe and they fell apart on him while he was smoking. They were probably fakes so watch out.
If they were Montechristos they were indeed fake!
[Reply]
SSDVC 11:29 AM 12-27-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Good advice. I would also go for the Regional Edition Habanos or any aged/odd ball cigars if the merchant has any. I bet cigars in Greece are not cheap.

Aside from cigars, I would want to bring back different herbs and spices from a local market.
I have family here. Plenty of herbs and spices have been brought back (pounds of the stuff), along with some damn good Ouzo, Metaxa, honey and olives.

Oh, don't go if you are on a diet. The food here is very, very good, if you get away from Athens !
[Reply]
SSDVC 07:49 PM 01-07-2011
Brought back a 5er of Domenica (Greek grown and rolled) Robusto's, along with a box PSD4's, a box of PSD2's and a few Monty's. Man, those Partagas were expensive !
[Reply]
Up