Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Slippery Slope... You ain't Kidding!
mjchapman 07:27 PM 12-19-2010
Hey guys. First off, greetings. I have been lurking for quite some time. I have been enjoying the hobby for about 2 years now. I just ordered a few sticks and realized that I have no room in my current humidor. So I made an emergency run to Wally World (actually 3 locally. It is hard to find a cooler in Ohio in December.) and Purchased a 28 quart cooler. I took my oasis and put it in there and all of my sticks plus current additions. Waiting on the holidays to conclude to purchase some beads and put them in there. Any ideas on how many beads I will need to purchase and what type?

I have included pics of the old humidor and the new coolidor.

Semper Delectatio
Attached: IMG_0062.jpg (110.5 KB) IMG_0063.jpg (112.9 KB) IMG_0065.jpg (102.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Ogre 07:33 PM 12-19-2010
Welcome to the Nut Hut brother. thats just the beginning. It always starts with "Just One"
[Reply]
Bill86 07:33 PM 12-19-2010
28 quart, probably half a pound. Get a pound just to be sure. If you're on a budget 8-12 oz's will do just fine.
[Reply]
mjchapman 07:50 PM 12-19-2010
Bill,

would you recommend heartfelt or shilala? I probably will get a pound just in case.

Thanks
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:55 PM 12-19-2010
Nice collection! Looks like a lot of nice sticks to enjoy! Savor them!

As for beads, I recommend Shilala beads but HF are good too :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 07:57 PM 12-19-2010
Originally Posted by mjchapman:
Bill,

would you recommend heartfelt or shilala? I probably will get a pound just in case.

Thanks
I've never used Shilala's beads, but I've heard GREAT things! Honestly whichever you choose you'll be happy with, you can't go wrong with either.
[Reply]
Ogre 08:05 PM 12-19-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I've never used Shilala's beads, but I've heard GREAT things! Honestly whichever you choose you'll be happy with, you can't go wrong with either.
I agree. Its a 50/50 split in the Asylum on which to use. I use the Shilalas and have never been disappointed with them. And a great brother here sells them.
[Reply]
mjchapman 07:00 PM 12-20-2010
Well here is an update. I now officially have moved everything to the new coolidor. I watched the RH overnight and it has settled at 65 in all areas. The smell is fantastic when I open the humidor. Now I just have to resist the temptation to open the lid and admire.

I will be putting in an order for some HF beads after christmas. I will use them in my old humi after i reseason it. I had to use the drawers in the cooler so I will need to get some trays from somewhere, maybe WaxingMoon.

Thanks for all the input gentlemen.

:-)
[Reply]
Ogre 07:08 PM 12-20-2010
Great job brother, sounds like you have a plan.
[Reply]
Bill86 07:28 PM 12-20-2010
You can just use empty cigar boxes to store singles. That's what I do, go to your local B&M and buy them. They are very cheap and effective. Also you can take your old desktop trays and use them in the coolidor. But Ed (waxingmoon) does awesome work, I'd definitely pm him about some trays.
[Reply]
Up