Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>USPS Tracking Issues, anyone?
Blueface 08:23 AM 12-15-2010
Have you guys noticed their system has gone nuts?

I have around 6 packages, from different vendors, currently on their way to me and the system does not even acknowledge them as having been received by USPS.

One of them does show but at times when I have checked, it goes back in time, losing most recent information. Other times, it returns.

What a waste of government funds they are.:-)
[Reply]
Ogre 08:26 AM 12-15-2010
I have been seeing allot of this. The tracking site shows the post office has been electronically received and the box is sitting on my porch. Guess it is of little use during the Christmas Season.
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:29 AM 12-15-2010
YES! I have had packages not register for up to a week, then the day they finally deliver the DC# finally works in the system. For me it started a few weeks ago. I called USPS and they said it was due to the holiday rush.
[Reply]
pnoon 08:39 AM 12-15-2010
Just remember, a DC is a delivery confirmation - not a tracking number. Any tracking info is a bonus.

:-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Bunker 08:44 AM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Just remember, a DC is a delivery confirmation - not a tracking number. Any tracking info is a bonus.

Posted via Mobile Device
If they don't get scanned they don't make it into the system at all
[Reply]
floydpink 09:05 AM 12-15-2010
Ordered green coffee beans and was beginning to wonder if I had had a senior moment and not actually clicked "order" as a week had gone by.

A tracking number arrived yesterday, the same time the beans did from California, so yes, I have noticed something funky.
[Reply]
T.G 09:39 AM 12-15-2010
Tis the season for lots of packages
Fa la la la la, la la la la
Shipping delays and overloaded systems are common
Fa la la la la, la la la la
[Reply]
Parshooter 09:57 AM 12-15-2010
This has been going on for years, doesn't matter what time of year it is. Their "tracking" system is not the best.
[Reply]
shilala 10:14 AM 12-15-2010
Peter already covered it, but their tracking really is pretty much useless. It's because it's simply meant to confirm that delivery has been made. For me, it's done that flawlessly.
The extra little bit of "tracking info" is just a bonus. Most of the time that part doesn't work for me at all, so I seldom even bother looking at it. At most, I might check it the day after something is supposed to have arrived just to see if the package made it.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:43 AM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:

Posted via Mobile Device
Not just your two cents, Peter....it's a fact.
[Reply]
cricky101 10:45 AM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
Peter already covered it, but their tracking really is pretty much useless. It's because it's simply meant to confirm that delivery has been made. For me, it's done that flawlessly.
The extra little bit of "tracking info" is just a bonus. Most of the time that part doesn't work for me at all, so I seldom even bother looking at it. At most, I might check it the day after something is supposed to have arrived just to see if the package made it.
Same for me. It's been spot on at doing what's it's supposed to do: tell me when a package has been delivered.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 03:40 PM 12-15-2010
I have got packages MIA that should have been here yesterday,according to their site?
[Reply]
longknocker 04:22 PM 12-15-2010
So Far, No Problems Other Than A Package I Sent Out Mon. Was "Expected" To Arrive Today & Hasn't. First Time This Year One Was "Late".
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:43 PM 12-15-2010
Same issues...holiday season and all.
[Reply]
Up