Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>winter smoking? yep stupid question, carry on
MrT 12:20 PM 12-22-2010
Originally Posted by Devanmc:
this will be my first winter smoking cigars, wow nood moment, anyways living in an army barracks means im forced to smoke outside and its...well...20 before the windchill. call me a sissy but its to cold for me to sit down and smoke for 2hours outside. I can sometimes get out to the shop 2times a week average. what am i to do? this not smoking is killing my stress levels.

Any advice guys?
We have the same issue here living in snow country.

Smaller cigars so you don't have to sit for 1hr+ is the first thing I try to keep in mind for winter.

Next, try to scope out someplace with an overhang, or is protected from the wind.

I still smoke at night when it's freezing, or snowing, I look like a mountain man with the boots, pants, carhartt, and a beanie! You won't find the wife out there for more than a couple minutes, but it's nice and peaceful.

It's relaxing even if it is cold, clouds moving fast across the moon make for a great smoke. :-)
[Reply]
Devanmc 12:40 PM 12-22-2010
Originally Posted by brigey57:
Why is it that I never hear of an Eskimo complain about it being too cold to smoke a cigar outdoors for 2-hours? :-)
because they dont know the temp can go about 10
[Reply]
timj219 12:42 PM 12-22-2010
I usually walk the dog and take the cigar with me. As long as the wind isn't bad and the temp is over 20 it's not too bad. I've also done some work under my deck and if the weather is at least 30s, I can sit under there semi protected and enjoy a cigar. My next step is to seal it off a bit better and buy a heater of some kind. I'll leave enough of an opening to let the smoke escape between the deck floorboards.
[Reply]
pektel 12:56 PM 12-22-2010
These have been working out for me:

4.0" x 38, take about a 1/2 hour to smoke. Some have a rather tight draw. Hoping to score some MX2 in the same size soon.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 01:01 PM 12-22-2010
Love Cali.
Outside in the rain last night had a nice cigar.
Brrrrrrrr had to wear a sweatshirt.
[Reply]
guitar4001 03:11 PM 12-22-2010
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Love Cali.
Outside in the rain last night had a nice cigar.
Brrrrrrrr had to wear a sweatshirt.
cold in cali eh?
[Reply]
zappaFREAK 03:38 PM 12-22-2010
Being in the northeast I have braved winter winds but I am very tired of freezing my butt off. I have recently discovered a little space in the house; the attic! Oh the beauty of a bunch of junk and no insulation. I t is still about 65 degrees there, downright balmy. I have an old wood chair up there now but will make it a bit more comfy in the next few days. Give it a shot, better then the wind.
[Reply]
dccraft 12:01 PM 12-23-2010
Here in the mitten I'm relegated to the garage. I have a propane heater, bundle up, and usually go for nothing bigger than a robusto. I stay warm enough even when I crack the door.

Just can't wait for spring :-)
[Reply]
guitar4001 12:03 PM 12-23-2010
Originally Posted by dccraft:
Here in the mitten I'm relegated to the garage. I have a propane heater, bundle up, and usually go for nothing bigger than a robusto. I stay warm enough even when I crack the door.

Just can't wait for spring :-)
yeah, that garage can be a lifesaver, but BOY can it get stinky after a few sticks.
[Reply]
CigarNut 12:08 PM 12-23-2010
Originally Posted by zappaFREAK:
Being in the northeast I have braved winter winds but I am very tired of freezing my butt off. I have recently discovered a little space in the house; the attic! Oh the beauty of a bunch of junk and no insulation. I t is still about 65 degrees there, downright balmy. I have an old wood chair up there now but will make it a bit more comfy in the next few days. Give it a shot, better then the wind.
Post some pics when you get a moment.
[Reply]
CoreyD 01:31 PM 12-23-2010
I made my storage unit in the basement into a man cave that i smoke in, Thinking of getting a converterbox and rabbit ears and hooking up the tv down there for games.
[Reply]
Jstone 07:48 PM 12-29-2010
Smaller sticks are without a doubt the way to go. I go through the same predicament in Chicago. One thing's for certain... when a man needs a stogie, the standard winter weather should not hold him back.
[Reply]
Thammy 02:19 PM 12-30-2010
I have a similiar problem. I don't have a license but I was thinking of getting a car just to smoke in it :-)

Nah, I just bundle up and smoke shorter sticks. And look forward to being invited to friend's houses whom are indoor smoke friendly.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up