Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Casa Magna Colorado pikito
Don Fernando 09:01 AM 12-11-2010
Casa Magna is a collaboration of Nestor Plascencia and Manuel Quesada and the brand caused quite some stir when they were named Cigar of the year by Cigar Aficionado in 2008. The pikito is a petit corona, 4¾x42, and that is not a size I smoke regularly but with a € 3.00 price tag I couldn't resist. The cigar is made from Nicaraguan tobacco with a rare Cuban seed ligero wrapper.

I like the band, it goes great with the dark, oily and shiny, veinless, wrapper. The cigar has a strong barnyard smell. The construction feels good and the predraw is fine. The predraw leaves a wood and straw flavor in my mouth.

I taste a full, spicy and peppery earth flavor with a mild sweet wood flavor on the background. The cigar is really spicy and the background flavors transform into chocolate and wood. After half an inch the cigar gets sweeter and I taste the pepper in the back of my throat. I also taste a hint of nuts. The sweetness turns into chocolate.

The pepper fades a bit, but not completely. The cigar is mild sweet with wood and some pepper in the aftertaste. After two thirds I get more sweetness with some wood and earth, it is a strange mix of flavors but well balanced. I also get a unique chocolate flavor as a support.

This small cigar has a smoke time of seventy five minutes. I got a lot of thick white smoke. The draw is great, but like the burn. The pepper and salt colored ash is firm. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? I don't see why not.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:26 AM 12-11-2010
Another great review on a great stick. :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 10:41 AM 12-11-2010
I like the casa magna line....will look for this vitola....thanks Ferdie!
[Reply]
DonAustin 08:11 PM 12-11-2010
Good review, thats a favorite of mine actually.
[Reply]
Up