Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Sancho Panza draw issues
Lucky_Hippo 09:15 AM 12-08-2010
Anyone else getting draw issues from their Sancho Panza's lately? My last 2 boxes it seems like every third stick I pull out is plugged beyond smokability. I've taken to carrying 2 sticks if I want to smoke one during the day just in case I end up with a throw away.

I used to recommend these as a pretty nice cheap smoke but I'm getting a little frustrated lately and just got curious to see if anyone else is finding the same thing, or I've just hit a couple of dud boxes.

Thx gang.

((I keep my humi around 63% and eveything else is smoking great))
[Reply]
Gophernut 11:42 AM 12-08-2010
I keep the double maduros in my visit frequently rotation, and have not had a plugged one that I can remember. Now the cap falling off is another story.
[Reply]
longknocker 11:45 AM 12-08-2010
I Let Mine Rest At Least A Year. No Problems, Here.:-)
[Reply]
d'am 01:46 PM 12-08-2010
I've had recent troubles with the extra fuerte ROTT at around ~70%RH. I've got a few in my humidor at ~65% hoping it will change things, but if your experience holds, it might not...

It's a shame, too. They have a great flavor, especially for the price.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 04:15 AM 12-09-2010
Thanks for the feed back guys. I've had these in the humi for at least 8 months now and i'm not ready to call it quits just yet since I've had pretty good luck with them in the past and enjoy the flavors (when they draw correctly). I'm glad to hear some are not having similar issues and will chalk it up to dumb luck. No sense throwing the baby out with the bath water.
[Reply]
longknocker 04:22 AM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by Lucky_Hippo:
Thanks for the feed back guys. I've had these in the humi for at least 8 months now and i'm not ready to call it quits just yet since I've had pretty good luck with them in the past and enjoy the flavors (when they draw correctly). I'm glad to hear some are not having similar issues and will chalk it up to dumb luck. No sense throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Gary: What Is Your RH In Your Humi? Maybe Recalibrate Your Hygrometer? GL!:-)
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 05:52 AM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Gary: What Is Your RH In Your Humi? Maybe Recalibrate Your Hygrometer? GL!:-)

I'm running around 63%. I calibrated the Hydros a few months ago, but I may switch out the batteries and try it again just to be sure. Everything else seems to be smoking great, it's just my Sancho's that want to give me greif for some reason. :-)

There's always gotta be one in the croud. :-)
[Reply]
Up