Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Ashton Aged Maduro Vs Anjeo's
retro_cigar 01:53 PM 12-05-2010
Slight similarities in these smokes; or am I smoking?
[Reply]
pnoon 02:17 PM 12-05-2010
What does Kumar think?
[Reply]
weak_link 02:22 PM 12-05-2010
If the Ashton is totally boring then it's probably just like the Anejo. :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 02:33 PM 12-05-2010
Been a very long time since I have smoked these but other than both having a maduro wrapper I dont remember any taste similarities. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:36 PM 12-05-2010
Ashton Aged maduro (:-)) tastes nothing like an Anejo (:-)) IMHO.
[Reply]
klipsch 02:45 PM 12-05-2010
I don't know. I smoked a VSG from 2004 and I pretty near reached sexual fulfillment. Never got that from any Anejo (I almost said Fuente...:-)) I've smoked.
[Reply]
thegoldenmackid 02:55 PM 12-05-2010
Originally Posted by klipsch:
I don't know. I smoked a VSG from 2004 and I pretty near reached sexual fulfillment. Never got that from any Anejo (I almost said Fuente...:-)) I've smoked.
Aged VSGs are quite incredible.

The Ashton Aged Maduro probably smokes better ROTT, but the Aņejo will be good after 8-12 months.
[Reply]
quantim0 03:16 PM 12-05-2010
They are both one of the few maduros I will light up. They don't have much in common in flavor to me. The Ashton is a solid smoke while the anejo can be out of this world.
[Reply]
ashtonlady 03:58 PM 12-05-2010
I smoke both. and they each have there own flavor profile. They are each blended with diffrent things in mind. So, no they are not simular.
[Reply]
Ogre 04:18 PM 12-05-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Ashton Aged maduro (:-)) tastes nothing like an Anejo (:-)) IMHO.
:-) I have not found the Ashton to be that good
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 04:19 PM 12-05-2010
I enjoy both. Like the Ashton Maduro for a morning golf smoke with a cup of coffee though.
[Reply]
smokinpeace 05:17 PM 12-05-2010
I really don't understand how anyone could be board by an Anejo. One of my favorites.
[Reply]
bobarian 06:08 PM 12-05-2010
Originally Posted by smokinpeace:
I really don't understand how anyone could be board by an Anejo. One of my favorites.
It may be your favorite but that does not change the fact that someone else may not find them appealing. :-) Everyone has different tastes. Its like saying everyone should like chocolate cake because it is your favorite.

I find Anejo's to be extremely one dimensional. I have smoked both fresh ones and aged in many different vitolas and find nothing appealing to my palate. But that does not mean that I think others cannot enjoy them. :-)

Try exhaling an Anejo through your nose. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 06:14 PM 12-05-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
It may be your favorite but that does not change the fact that someone else may not find them appealing. :-) Everyone has different tastes. Its like saying everyone should like chocolate cake because it is your favorite.

I find Anejo's to be extremely one dimensional. I have smoked both fresh ones and aged in many different vitolas and find nothing appealing to my palate. But that does not mean that I think others cannot enjoy them. :-)

Bob is not liable for any injury one may recieve from the performing the above bolded/underlined statement:-):-)
[Reply]
bobarian 06:43 PM 12-05-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Bob is not liable for any injury one may recieve from the performing the above bolded/underlined statement:-):-)
Correctamundo! If you smell singed nose hairs I recommend stopping! :-):-)
[Reply]
joeobx 06:53 PM 12-05-2010

Love them, and do it all the time. Thats the great thing about cigars, they make so many that everybody should be able to find what they like. :-)
[Reply]
GolfNut 06:55 PM 12-05-2010
Its like saying everyone should like chocolate cake
What's wrong with chocolate cake? Just don't exhale it through your nose and you'll be fine. :-)
[Reply]
jsd 08:57 PM 12-05-2010
I love them both, especially the #40 and the Shark. To me they are very different and the Shark is much better, but I still enjoy smoking the #40s.
[Reply]
Up