Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Flor del Todo Churchill Maduro
sammyboy405 07:22 PM 12-01-2010
So I got a Box of 20 Cheap on Cigarbids for 19 bucks.. of Flor del Todo Churchill Maduro's

Am I in for a rude awakening?
[Reply]
G G 07:26 PM 12-01-2010
Can't speak specifically to those cigars. I can say that when I first started I bought a bunch of Brocatus Toros from Cigars International for really cheap and they were horrible. But sometimes there are diamonds in the rough so maybe these will be for you.
[Reply]
sammyboy405 07:28 PM 12-01-2010
Thanks..

However my Apologizes to the Moderators.. I Just noticed Not paying attention.. that these forums are for reviews.. ... My Bad . :-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 07:30 PM 12-01-2010
About as rude as you can get. These are on my Top 5 worst cigar list.:-)

MCS
[Reply]
Kreth 07:37 PM 12-01-2010
I thought about picking some of these up when I first started. Then I read a review where the reviewer referred to these sticks as Flor del DooDoo... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
HK3- 08:16 PM 12-01-2010
Since when did cigarbid start selling CC's? :-) We're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy! :-)
[Reply]
borndead1 08:39 PM 12-01-2010
2 words: Rolando Reyes.

'Nuff said.
[Reply]
T.G 10:06 PM 12-01-2010
Eh.. try them. You might find them passable. Worst you have to lose is smoking one cigar you can't stand, at which point, you can always send the rest of the bundle off to hotreds or rrplascencia to send to the troops.
[Reply]
sammyboy405 10:11 PM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by borndead1:

'Nuff said.
Ive read that before in places.. But then i Read this :

Originally Posted by :
Newly re-released, Flor del Todo just went through an overhaul that included new packaging, a new factory, a new blend, and most significantly, is now made by Rolando Reyes, Sr. Rolando is one of the truly great cigar makers, acknowledged by all in the cigar industry as a master blender of the highest order. His cigars are outstanding, each with a complex, well-balanced flavor and aroma.

This is a classic "Cuban sandwich" cigar. The blend of Brazilian, Dominican and Nicaraguan leaf is the same makeup as that of Puros Indios cigars, except it’s comprised of mixed fillers - both long and short leaves. The wrapper is a moist, toothy, Ecuador-Colorado leaf. It’s medium-bodied in taste, with a pleasant, gratifying aroma, mouthwatering creamy, nutmeg taste, and super-smooth draw.

So RR Marketing Did there job and Sucked me in with that.
[Reply]
pnoon 11:04 PM 12-01-2010
Moving this to Cigar Discussion because
a) they are not Cuban and
b) this is not a review
[Reply]
Dunkel 04:38 AM 12-02-2010
Originally Posted by borndead1:

'Nuff said.
:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 06:47 AM 12-02-2010
I bought a 2 for 1 deal of these from CI back when I first got into cigars. They are the worst cigar I've ever had. Dog crap wrapped with more dog crap. Horrible. But hey go ahead and buy some. Maybe your tastes are different than mine.
[Reply]
jkstewart1 10:37 AM 12-02-2010
I bought a bundle of the naturals when I first got started. Not good, not bad either. They got shuffled to the bottom of my rotation as other cigars have come along. Now that they've had a goodly time boxed in the cooler, they're not bad for a cheap smoke - one you don't have to worry about leaving early - or to have as a yard gar.

All that being said, I would not purchase another bundle. There are much better options out there.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 01:37 PM 12-02-2010
I've heard these referred to as "Flor del Turdo". I knew a guy who used to smoke the natural version , smelled like he was smoking a bar of soap . :-)
[Reply]
Up