Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>Margarito v. Pacquiao
icehog3 10:59 AM 11-13-2010
Suprised there hasn't been any talk of this fight here...maybe because Gerry has been hibernating.

After watching all the pre-fight stories, I am not really rooting for either fighter, just hoping it lives up to the hype. I have always been a Manny fan, but I would not be heartbroken if Antonio won the fight.
[Reply]
Starscream 12:10 PM 11-13-2010
I'm still waiting for Pacquiao v. Mayweather. Looks like it'll never happen though.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 12:28 PM 11-13-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I'm still waiting for Pacquiao v. Mayweather. Looks like it'll never happen though.
I really hope this fight happens.. I'm with you on it probably never happening :-)

Should be a good fight. Margarito has a good advantage weight wise but Manny being Manny I don't know how you would bet against him.
[Reply]
MiamiE 12:35 PM 11-13-2010
No one has mentioned it because all these fights dont matter, and no one cares about them. The world wants Pacquiao/Mayweather, and the way to voice your opinion is to not purchase the PPV!
[Reply]
MiamiE 12:43 PM 11-13-2010
I also believe boxing is fading and has been since the downfall of the heavyweight division and the rise of the UFC/MMA market. With that said I think Pacquiao/Mayweather will help breathe some life into the sport. :-)
[Reply]
benedic08 12:57 PM 11-13-2010
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
I also believe boxing is fading and has been since the downfall of the heavyweight division and the rise of the UFC/MMA market. With that said I think Pacquiao/Mayweather will help breathe some life into the sport. :-)
I agree. These lesser fights of Pacquiao brings in alot of people but its not enough to revive boxing back to its former glory. Only Pacquiao vs Mayweather can do that i think. The fight can still happen next year. From my point of view the drug test issue from Mayweather is just a ploy to hype up the fight between him and Pacquiao if it happens and to delay the fight into next year because Mayweather made so much money this year taxes are killing him.
[Reply]
benedic08 01:06 PM 11-13-2010
For the Margarito/Pacquiao fight, me being Filipino, Pacquiao ALL THE WAY!!!! XD

PPV Check
Boli Beli Check
Mojitos Check
Mountain of Chicken wings Check

WEEE! Its gonna be a goodnight tonight! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:36 PM 11-13-2010
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
No one has mentioned it because all these fights dont matter, and no one cares about them. The world wants Pacquiao/Mayweather, and the way to voice your opinion is to not purchase the PPV!
So no fight matters except a Manny v. The Mouth fight?

I humbly disagree. I would love to see that fight, but there are other good matchups to be had in boxing. Tonight's fight is one of them.
[Reply]
benedic08 11:00 PM 11-13-2010
Manny Wins by decision! WOOOT!!! Time to celebrate! :-)
[Reply]
themoneycollector 11:10 PM 11-13-2010
Wow, a great fight for Manny. He let up a bit on the 11th and definitely the 12th, otherwise, I think they would have had to call the fight.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:34 AM 11-14-2010
Manny wanted the ref to stop the fight in the 11th....he knew Antonio had no chance to win and didn't want to do him any permanent damage.

I still hope that we get a chance to see Manny shut PBF's big yapper before it is all said and done.
[Reply]
Up