Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>No "mother of the year" award here
markem 02:43 PM 11-01-2010
PITTSBURGH (AP) - A mother visiting her terminally ill son at a Pennsylvania hospital has been accused of injecting herself with the boy's drugs.

Karen Remsing, of Vancouver, Wash., was charged over the weekend with child endangerment, reckless endangerment, theft, criminal mischief, and committing prohibitive acts including possession of the prescription medication.

Authorities say the 42-year-old mother was visiting her 15-year-old son at UPMC's Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh when she unhooked his intravenous line, siphoned out a sedative using a syringe and injected herself with it.
Authorities say Remsing then reconnected the IV line and left an air bubble in the tube which put her son in further danger.

Remsing is being held in the Allegheny County Jail and her preliminary hearing is set for Wednesday. It wasn't immediately known if she had an attorney.
[Reply]
Chingas 02:46 PM 11-01-2010
Wow! Thats desperate. And sad. And Pathetic. Just. Damn!
[Reply]
Gophernut 02:52 PM 11-01-2010
:-)That's just sick. I can't understand some people...
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:13 PM 11-01-2010
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:34 PM 11-01-2010
wow:-)
[Reply]
stewshi 05:50 PM 11-01-2010
CPS should get involved in that one .... just stupid
[Reply]
hscmit 06:09 PM 11-01-2010
POS mom
[Reply]
pennjones 06:19 PM 11-01-2010
Yeah that's crazy, and she deserves to be in jail, but when I worked at UPMC (yes, I worked for that healthcare system), I heard rumors of a DOCTOR in an ICU disconnecting a patient's fentanyl pca (patient controlled analgesic) while they were sleeping, and were caught SUCKING on the tubing with the medication inside. From the stories I heard, they were fired on the spot, and were awaiting trial. My point is, this kind of stuff probably happens more than we like to think. By the way, when I worked there I was a Nursing assistant, now I'm an RN.
[Reply]
TonySmith 06:35 PM 11-01-2010
I may get flamed, so be it. she derserves more than jail. Some people are so pathetic and sorry they need to be taken off the payroll.
[Reply]
Barcode 06:41 PM 11-01-2010
All I can do is shake my head.:-):-)
[Reply]
Up