Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>How big to go on name your price or MMAO
junkinduck 07:02 PM 10-31-2010
How do you deal with the name your price or make me an offer sales. I don't want to pay any more than I have to but don't want the hassle of making a low ball offer. I just want the sticks at the best price I can get with minimal correspondence.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
[Reply]
Bill86 07:10 PM 10-31-2010
I just do Cigarsatyourprice and start at 50% off and work my way up. I spend no more than 1 MAYBE 2 minutes to get the EXACT lowest price. I won't bother with the MMAO program, it's too annoying and virtually impossible to get THE exact lowest price. Three offers per day.....too much hassle.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:13 PM 10-31-2010
The Devil and just enter the price you would be willing to pay and walk away. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:40 PM 10-31-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I just do Cigarsatyourprice and start at 50% off and work my way up. I spend no more than 1 MAYBE 2 minutes to get the EXACT lowest price. I won't bother with the MMAO program, it's too annoying and virtually impossible to get THE exact lowest price. Three offers per day.....too much hassle.
X2!! :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 07:42 PM 10-31-2010
I hate when people bid on the devil, they bid WAY too early. About 13-20 bids before the final 5 hours, what are people thinking?!?!? It's an auction the final 15 minutes count. Anything before that...nope. Stop driving up the prices!
[Reply]
neoflex 08:27 PM 10-31-2010
I've been getting the name your price option on Cigar Monster. Been putting some low ball prices just for fun but none have been accepted. It's fine because I can do without any more purchases this month but decided, what the hell lets see if this works.
[Reply]
Bill86 10:19 PM 10-31-2010
Yeah too me that just wastes time I can be using getting drunk and watching tv shows. But I hear ya....I'm glad to here "declined" and "outbid".
[Reply]
junkinduck 10:32 AM 11-01-2010
Thanks all, Just looked at Cigarsatyourprice. Might give them a try.
[Reply]
warren G. 11:32 AM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
+1
I was doing that until I reach their "reserve price"
[Reply]
nick2021 01:42 AM 11-02-2010
To be honest, I think MMAO is no different than its regular website.....joes daily deal gives you a better deal from the same site in my opinion and some items on MMAO it seems like they won't give you much of a savings on a lot of the items. I've seen items on Joe's go for cheaper than MMAO
[Reply]
neoflex 01:54 PM 11-05-2010
Tat Artistas up on Monster. Offered $110 with a no go so anyone trying with those needs to start higher. I figured the offer was no good but thought I had nothing to lose by trying.
[Reply]
BloodSpite 01:56 PM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by nick2021:
To be honest, I think MMAO is no different than its regular website.....joes daily deal gives you a better deal from the same site in my opinion and some items on MMAO it seems like they won't give you much of a savings on a lot of the items. I've seen items on Joe's go for cheaper than MMAO
:-) Agreed. I check it and the Deal of the Week and both are usually pretty durn good

I haven't had any luck whatsoever with CigarBid or the MMAO.
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 12:32 AM 11-10-2010
Great advice, thanks
[Reply]
Up