Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>What cigar recently surprised you?
tsolomon 08:00 AM 03-23-2013
The Illusione Rothchildes are a very good cigar at a great price.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:54 AM 03-23-2013
Picked up some Perdomo Lot 23 Punta Gordas on the devil site for a just silly low price, naturally wasn't expecting too much out of them but was pleasantly surprised by this stick, lots of creamy smoke, very nutty taste throughout, the only issue was a bit of cracking of the wrapper about 2/3rds of the way through, a couple more weeks in the winador should take care of that. :-)
[Reply]
ripper 11:27 AM 03-23-2013
Glad this thread was resurrected.
Am constantly impressed by Pueblo Dominicano, an exclusive AJ Fernandez blend from the CI & cigar.com empire.
Got an earthy coffee tang and a glorious Ecuador habano wrapper. My go-to smoke when I've pitched a yucko cigar into the huckleberry bushes. Yinz can nab Pueblo Dominicano for bargain prices at cbid.
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 03:49 PM 03-23-2013
EPC Cardinal
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:01 PM 03-23-2013
Recently...the Sencillo Blacks and RoMa Craft Cromagnons. Both are FANTASTIC sticks. :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Blocky Patel 06:44 PM 03-23-2013
Just joined and grunching...

I attended the Big Smoke in Vegas in November, and was surprised by several cigars, but none more than the Nat Sherman. I had heard of the brand, of course, but only in relation to cigarettes and I thought the brand was only something from long ago. I couldn't believe the quality of the cigar, and have asked my local store to order some.

Also, 3 weeks ago I bought some more Ambos Mundos (Pete Johnson) which I have always loved, especially since I could pick them up for a little over $4/stick. I was not really surprised when these cigars hit the Cigar Aficionado top 25 list 2 years in a row. What surprised me about the recent smokes however, was how horrible they were. Anyone else experience Ambos Mundos inconsistency?
[Reply]
oooo35980 06:44 PM 03-23-2013
CAO Italia, I avoid CAO because the first few I had weren't anything to write home about. My B&M gives a free cigar every month to locker members. I found the Italia in my locker and it was very, very good. It was out of my wheelhouse enough that I found it interesting, but not so much that I hated it. I might spring for a box.

There was also an Arturo Fuente Especialles in there that I wanted to punt across the room after an inch. I usually love AF stuff so I guess that one surprised me too.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 07:09 PM 03-23-2013
La Gloria Cubana Churchill Maduro. Smoked it at a long ash competition but it turned out to be a fantastic cigar.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 07:13 PM 03-23-2013
Originally Posted by ripper:
Glad this thread was resurrected.
Am constantly impressed by Pueblo Dominicano, an exclusive AJ Fernandez blend from the CI & cigar.com empire.
Got an earthy coffee tang and a glorious Ecuador habano wrapper. My go-to smoke when I've pitched a yucko cigar into the huckleberry bushes. Yinz can nab Pueblo Dominicano for bargain prices at cbid.
I second the Pueblo. I had one a few days ago that I got in a sampler and enjoyed it quite a bit.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 07:15 PM 03-23-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Picked up some Perdomo Lot 23 Punta Gordas on the devil site for a just silly low price, naturally wasn't expecting too much out of them but was pleasantly surprised by this stick, lots of creamy smoke, very nutty taste throughout, the only issue was a bit of cracking of the wrapper about 2/3rds of the way through, a couple more weeks in the winador should take care of that. :-)
The Lot 23 Naturals and Maduros are damned good cigars. I had several of the Connecticuts and was surprised by how little I enjoyed them. They just had very little taste to them at all.
[Reply]
ScottieM 09:13 AM 03-24-2013
Bought a 10 Pack of JDN Antano Dark Corojo El Martillo (Toro) for a cheapie at work. What a great Cigar! Lots of Flavor right off the bat. Definitely worth the $3.20 a Stick I paid for em.
[Reply]
drjammer 11:57 AM 03-25-2013
Originally Posted by ScottieM:
Bought a 10 Pack of JDN Antano Dark Corojo El Martillo (Toro) for a cheapie at work. What a great Cigar! Lots of Flavor right off the bat. Definitely worth the $3.20 a Stick I paid for em.
+1 Great cigar, especially fro the price :-)
[Reply]
Crownedone 07:52 PM 03-25-2013
Had a savinelle and a Nat Sherman. I don't know what they were, both were a small size. Both sweet and took me by surprise. Great smokes each.
[Reply]
CJS 12:05 PM 04-06-2013
Montecristo Open Junior.

I have smoked a couple of Master and Regata from the Open line, and unfortunately they were all somewhat disappointing. They simply had no taste and boring. But this morning, I lighted up a Junior that was thrown in as a freebie when I picked up a box of Siglo-II from my local cigar shop. I believe this particular Junior came from a 2011 box.

The Junior, while still a bit mild, was quite enjoyable. Easy draw, lots of smoke, with typical Montecristo aroma. I'm thinking of getting some more of them.
[Reply]
dave 01:37 PM 04-08-2013
Room 101 (Daruma and Nabakumi in thinner RG's.) Hadn't liked any I'd tried previously (San Andres, OSOK, the one with the extra black lable that says Camacho, fat-assed Daruma.....)

Recently had Daruma in lancero and PC. Both outstanding.
Friday, I tried a Nabkumi Ecuador in PC. Also outstanding.

Must admit that I'm a little frustrated by info currently available on these. Their web site won't work on my computers (maybe a Flash or ActiveX thing?) and comprehensive info on lines, sizes, etc is only obtained painfully from scattered info. Or, I'm just becoming a crappy googler.
[Reply]
riverdawg 07:09 AM 04-09-2013
Probably shouldn't have been surprised but was. The LADC series has been well reviewed but I hadn't gotten around to smoking any of them. Picked up a couple of each blend through the series in the smallest ring gauges available at the shop in Charleston while on a long weekend. Liked them all well enough, with the Mi Amor probably being the best... until I got to the Mi Amor Reserva. Wow, on the first one, Wow on the second one, found a box deal and wow on all of them so far. The Mexican wrapper was the surprising part. Going to have to give mexican wrapper stogies another look.:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:13 AM 04-09-2013
'09 VR Familiar
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:39 PM 04-09-2013
The Black Crowns have been very good to me. Tons of great flavor at a great price when you score them on the devil site.
[Reply]
badbriar 11:14 AM 05-01-2013
Cusano 18 Paired Maduro - one of the smoothest cigars I've come across. Don't usually care much for milder stogies, but this one is one of my favorites to enjoy on a less than full stomach.
RR
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up