Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Regular verse Medical grade Super Glue?
RGD. 10:11 PM 11-09-2008
You know - I have been using regular ole super glue for as long as I can remember to seal up little cuts and boo-boo's. Never had any problems. Anyway this weekend while running a bunch of wiring without gloves I ended up with several cuts on the finger tips and one on the palm. Brought out the ole super glue and keep on working.

So question - anyone else use regular super glue for closures? Any problems?

I was sitting here thinking about the difference between regular and medical grade and did a price search which came up with medical grade at about $50 for a small tube. Stuff that Vets use like Vetbond is a ton cheaper - less than $20.

Thoughts?

Ron
[Reply]
Opusfxd 10:19 PM 11-09-2008
If regular was good enough for Sid Vicious, its good enough for me.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 10:19 PM 11-09-2008
Dunno, Ron, but I have done the same for years. When I used to rock climb a lot, the stone in our area left many a slice on my digits. Superglue was a staple in our med kits.
doing a repair on a puncture on the dogs foot the other night, I was trying to hold the dog down with one arm, and undo the cap of the glue with the other hand and ....

mouth.

Note to self, if the cap is stuck on tightly, don't bear down with your teeth to get a better leverage on the cap, the plastic will rupture and the glue... well, you can figure the rest.

No, not that bad, with a quick reaction, but I did have a coating on some of my molars and my tongue for a day or two until it got weak enough to power off with the tooth brush.
[Reply]
Scottw 10:27 PM 11-09-2008
Have you ever seen American Pie 2?
[Reply]
shilala 12:34 AM 11-10-2008
They just used superglue on my back when they closed it up. They put the stitches on the inside and glued the outside.
It's different than regular superglue. Whereas superglue gets hard and "chips" off, this stuff dried rubbery and peeled off in rubbery sheets. There's still some on there and it feels more like silicone caulking than superglue.
I have no idea what the difference may be, but it's definately different.
[Reply]
Up