Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>setting limits with accounts
Devanmc 10:14 AM 10-21-2010
I was looking threw my bank account today and they offer a student/teenager account service. Where I put a set amount of money in the account every month or so and thats all the student/teen/w.e. can spend.

Im curious, has anyone here tried to do this to set limits on cigar purchases? Has it helped keep you spending in check?
[Reply]
bvilchez 10:38 AM 10-21-2010
My bank does the same thing. I tried it for 2 months at one time. Both months I called and had them raise the limit so I can buy more cigars.

Never had it again since then. If I'm trying to save money I'll do it by allotment.
[Reply]
jmsremax 10:43 AM 10-21-2010
Originally Posted by Devanmc:

Im curious, has anyone here tried to do this to set limits on cigar purchases? Has it helped keep you spending in check?
I stayed away from CA for a bit and surprising it worked....unfortunately it only lasted a few days. :-)
[Reply]
Research-Colin 11:11 AM 10-21-2010
I usually stop buying cigars when the numbers in my account turn red...
[Reply]
kaisersozei 01:36 PM 10-21-2010
I have the same sort of thing, but it was a special feature that came as part of the wife package.
[Reply]
Devanmc 01:50 PM 10-21-2010
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
I have the same sort of thing, but it was a special feature that came as part of the wife package.
:-) :-)
[Reply]
forgop 01:56 PM 10-21-2010
Did she come back with the unsolicited feedback option? :-):-):-)

I'd recommend a reloadable visa/mc gift card. The ability to just raise the limit on something you have direct control over has no accountability unless you only let your wife have authorization. After all, do you wan to ask her for an increase?
[Reply]
Dave128 02:16 PM 10-21-2010
The truth has been spoken! :-)
[Reply]
Up