Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Thoughts on the El Tiante Maduro......
TheDudeAbides 02:11 PM 10-19-2010
Two of my greatest passions in life are cigars, and Red Sox baseball. I've known for a while now that the great Luis Tiant has his own line of cigars, and a CA search turned up a couple reviews of the habano and the sumatran.
Has anyone had any personal experience with the maduro?
Honestly, I probably ought to just bite the bullet and buy a box. If the smokes suck (doubt it), at least the box is pretty sweet. I just have an innate suspicion of celebrity cigars (Lopez tonight smokes? Really?).
-Dude
{10-11-1975 :-)}
[Reply]
whodeeni 05:34 PM 10-19-2010
Curtis i've never had it but according to a B&M owner that I know
they're very good/solid sticks...
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:51 PM 10-19-2010
Been looking for a few of these for some time now.
[Reply]
whodeeni 08:05 PM 10-19-2010
Wise Ash Cigars in Smyrna, GA has them.
Call John, and tell him that I sent you...
I don't know if he ships, but he's a great
BOTL and hopefully he'll be able to accommodate
you both.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:25 PM 10-19-2010
I spoke with El Tiante about a year ago told to start making some Lanceros! Enough of the big ring gauge cigars with little to offer.
[Reply]
Bunker 01:34 AM 10-20-2010
2guys in NH has them in stock.

http://www.2guyssmokeshop.com/search...chParamMan=549
[Reply]
Research-Colin 05:11 AM 10-20-2010
They're a pretty solid stick. I haven't had them in a couple years but they were good performers.
[Reply]
ylo2na 05:17 AM 10-20-2010
Two years ago, I had the privilege of talking baseball and pitching with the Maestro himself at the Las Vegas show and I was mesmerized by his knowledge and friendliness. Cool dude! He gave me several sticks, but, I have so much reverence for the Old Master that they are cozily tucked in a special place in my humidor. I dont think I will ever smoke them because of the memories they engender in me. Sorry, no information on what they are like except if they are anything like the MAN, they should be superb.
Best,
Chuck
an old baseball coach
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:24 AM 10-20-2010
El Tiante lived few hundred yards from my Grandparents in Milton, MA. There was a golf club next to his house and they would not let him become a member due to his skin color. I won't mention the club's name, but to think there are places like that in the Commonwealth... It's the club right to be exclusionary, but if you ask a Latino their skin color, you'll get a different response than if you ask WASP what it is.
[Reply]
Up