Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>The 10 most common questions about cigars.
www.cigar.com.do 03:43 PM 10-06-2010
I shared with you this interesting article about The 10 most common questions about cigarsl., only has to translate into English, enjoy : http://cigar.com.do/blogs.html?autor=3
[Reply]
icehog3 03:53 PM 10-06-2010
You should translate them to English and post them in their entirety. :-)
[Reply]
marge796 04:10 PM 10-06-2010
^ What Tom said ^

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
Flynnster 04:42 PM 10-06-2010
http://translate.google.com/translat...ml%3Fautor%3D3 translated
[Reply]
Ferrari5180 05:35 PM 10-06-2010
A pretty good general read. However, it was quite vague when explaining certain details. Also, some information was more preference, rather than an actual rule. Nevertheless, thanks for posting this. I had a good time reading it.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:32 PM 10-06-2010
If you use Google Chrome it automatically translates it for you, at least it did for me. It could just be b/c of my AWESOMENESS, though.:-)

It's an ok read, but what's the angle? No offense meant.
[Reply]
Chingas 07:16 PM 10-06-2010
In English...

Mario Encarnacion (humidor)
The 10 most common questions about cigars.
In response to numerous e-mails from fans have selected the 10 most common questions about cigars and their care.

P. My cigars are on moist. What I can do to restore the humidor and keep it in optimal conditions? Can cigars recover their optimum?

R. In most cases, cigars can be saved but so much the lack of moisture as humidity are a problem, especially prevalent during the hot summer or moist climates. But there are ways to combat it in both cases and ensure that your humidor is in shape all year round.

Adding cedar strips to the humidor - these you will find in many boxes of cigars and will help maintain optimum moisture levels. Place a strip or two in the bottom of the humidor, a strip in the center, and one on the top., You will see the downfall of the humidity reading as the cedar absorbs the humidor's extra moisture. Just keep an eye on the cigars and add or remove cedar until it has reached the desired humidification.

The only thing NOT to do is just leave the humidor lid open, this can lead to sudden fluctuations in humidity and pass the cigars are too wet to move to be dry in no time. Another thing to consider is the number of cigars in your humidor, if you have a very large box containing a few cigarettes they can absorb more moisture than the corresponding.

P. "Although I generally use guillotine cutters, recently gave me a wedge cutter (v). What is the difference and whether it could damage my cigar?

R. Wedge cutters were conceived decades ago, when the average number of cigarettes were much thinner than they are today. Were designed to open a larger opening and channel the smoke, is one of the best ways to cut the Lonsdale and crowns, but is generally not an issue for thicker cigars such as the Robust. As a general rule, we prefer guillotines to wedge cutters as this court can accumulate in the cigarette tar that accumulates when you make a straight cut. Also, wedge cutters tend to inaccurate cuts compared with guillotine cutters and run the risk of damaging the cigar.

The third type of cutting has become popular is the bullet., This type of cut makes a circular hole in the head of the cigar, too, has its drawbacks. First, it is easy to accidentally puncture the cigar too deeply and the creation of a long tunnel near the head of the cigar will burn hotter. Also like the wedge cutter, cut hole allows the retention of tar ball near the smoker's mouth often causing the altered taste of the cigar.

P. I've noticed a powder in several of my cigars. What is this?

R. If the powder has a whitish color and can easily be dusted without residue, do not be afraid, What you have in this case is "plume" (also called flower), is a natural phenomenon caused by the sweat of cigars and some of oils that are inherent to snuff.

However, if the waste is more of a stronger color and leaves a stain on the coat when you remove the dust, cigars are victims of mold. Mold is often caused by inadequate levels of temperature and humidity, so it must keep the humidifier about 70% humidity, this will help you avoid this problem. In addition, mold can be caused by not using distilled water in the humidification device.

P. "Occasionally some of my cigars develop holes, and I saw some little bugs crawling around my humidor.

What should I do?

R. Beetles cause one of the most devastating problems found in humidors because they can quickly decimate a group of pure and are difficult to combat. Beetle larvae are microscopic and occur naturally in the snuff, and despite quality control efforts of manufacturers are frequently in cigars that come to market. Once the temperature reaches 72 degrees, the beetles can be born, they crawl through the cigars, creating those small round holes is essentially destroy the cigar. But they can be combated by the guards to monitor the temperature of your humidor, and perhaps by installing a beetle trap in your humidor. In addition, beetle larvae can be killed by freezing the cigars. Just put in the freezer for three days, then move them into the fridge for a day after the cigars have been frozen, however, be careful to adapt to the re-wetting slowly to prevent cracking layer cigar.

Occasionally you may find the wood mites - small insects, targets are often the result of opening a fresh box of cigars. The good news is that these mites do not harm the cigars and do not live long enough to seriously damage your humidor.

P. stores sell many cigarettes pressed. Why do manufacturers make these cigars? Are there any advantages to smoking the cigars from pressed round?

R. It's a style decision and does a cigar better nor worse than another., There are many people that favors the sensation of smoking a cigar box pressed and some manufacturers are under pressure to correct any construction defects that may have this type the band, since it is difficult to make a cigarette. But ultimately it is an aesthetic decision as to whether or not you prefer this type of cigarette. It does not say anything about the person who smokes.

P. What is the best way to age my cigars?

R. Many collectors choose to un-aged their cigars in boxes, holding the cigar together. It is also a good idea to schedule the cigarettes to a temperature and humidity slightly lower than normal and then move to a pure desktop humidor when you are ready to start smoking them.

Many brands of cigars, especially Cuban brands, are available in the presentation of a cigar cabinet and bind them to a tape in a format that makes them ideal for aging and long-term storage.

Q. Many cigars are sold in individual cellophane wrappers. Should I remove the cellophane before placing the cigars in my humidor? What about tubes and rings? They are the best kept pure "naked"?

A. Cellophane serves several purposes in a cigar - in the United States some states require that each cigar has a warning label, this becomes much easier to accomplish with cellophane and prevents damage to cigars by excessive handling in stores . But once you've bought the cigar and want to place in your humidor is recommended to remove the cellophane. Cellophane prevent moisture to reach the cigar and find that cigarettes meet a better moisture if the wrapper is removed. The same goes for cigar tubes, whether glass or aluminum, these tubes are completely closed and not allow the moisture if left. However, if you intend to carry their cigarettes (as in a jacket pocket), can be a good idea to keep a few tubes or cellophane wrappers on hand to protect the cigars during shipping or better yet, a leather case made for this purpose.

P. "I can use my lighter gasoline to light a cigar?

R. probably not the best option. We suggest using wooden matches or, better still strips of cedar boxes. These will light your cigar without changing the taste or smell of oil. If you want to use a lighter for cigars, we recommend using butane gas as fuel, since this type of lighters are odorless. However, some smokers insist on using their old Zippo lighters, which may have sentimental value. If you are one of these, just make sure to light his cigarette, the flame of the Zippo does not touch the foot of the cigar. Once the cigar is lit, also may choose to make a blow out to clear debris caused by the fluid.

P. My grandfather always dips his cigars in Cognac or rum. Is this a good idea?

R. Your grandfather probably started doing it decades ago, when cigars were shipped drier and humidification technology is not what it is today. Dipping cigars in those years helped impart moisture to a dry clean. Today, however, cigars are generally transported and stored in optimal conditions of wetting and dipping a cigar in Cognac or rum will only serve to wet your cigars. Moreover, the smoke does not know what was submerged by which we recommend you leave the brandy or rum into a glass and enjoy with your cigars.

P. I was told that I only smoke a cigar to the ring. Is this true? What I can know when to leave a cigarette?

A. The golden rule here is that a cigarette is left when you're not enjoying it. But as a general maxim, we smoke our cigars about half to two thirds of the way down. The reason is that a cigar gets hotter and stronger the further down you smoke it, and its flavor changes as tars and moisture build up near the head of the cigar. The smoke is too hot and you risk ruining the great flavor you've been enjoying. But this is just a suggestion, if you're still enjoying the cigar fumandolo to its end and even that is about to burn, do so., Smoking cigars, after all, this is fun.

I hope these answers can fill their concerns., For questions and / or queries write to info@cigar.com.do.

by: Mario Encarnacion.

Copyright 2010 cigar.com.do | All rights reserved
12>
[Reply]
icehog3 08:28 PM 10-06-2010
I still don't understand why the OP can't do that.....I ain't even bothering to read it. :-)
[Reply]
xlc12rf 08:31 PM 10-06-2010
Because he wants traffic to his site!
[Reply]
icehog3 08:43 PM 10-06-2010
Originally Posted by xlc12rf:
Because he wants traffic to his site!
[Reply]
Kreth 09:28 PM 10-06-2010
I wonder if poof.com.do is available...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
pnoon 10:06 PM 10-06-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I wonder if poof.com.do is available...
Posted via Mobile Device
Not sure.
But I bet poof.doo.doo has been taken.
[Reply]
Kreth 05:33 AM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Not sure.
But I bet poof.doo.doo has been taken.
Redirects to facebook.com/caputo... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Chingas 05:37 AM 10-07-2010
Sorry Tom. Just thought I would help the guy out.

I scanned and read it over fast. Their are answers that are opinion instead of fact based, so it's hard to take it all for law.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:31 AM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
Sorry Tom. Just thought I would help the guy out.

I scanned and read it over fast. Their are answers that are opinion instead of fact based, so it's hard to take it all for law.
No reason for you to be sorry, Brother, you were doing us all a solid. I just thought after the first time this type of thing might have been posted without the need to google/translate/cut/paste/etc by the OP, but I guess not.
[Reply]
www.cigar.com.do 10:48 AM 10-07-2010
we want to look at our site but also to share articles of interest, it is wrong to do that?
[Reply]
Ferrari5180 10:58 AM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by www.cigar.com.do:
we want to look at our site but also to share articles of interest, it is wrong to do that?
I don't want to sound mean but did you even read the posts before reposting? The problem was not that you are not allowed to post such information, but rather that you neglected to actually post a translated version of it in hopes to get an influx of traffic to your website.
[Reply]
Up