Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>I'm in trouble
neoflex 07:52 PM 10-05-2010
A new local opened up recently. I went to check it out today and they have a huge walk-in with a great selection. The owner of the shop is a really friendly guy and I ended up spending 45 minutes or so just BSing with him. Walked out with some great sticks to boot. (3) 8-5-8 Sungrowns, (2) LFD AirBender Chisels and a LGC Aretesanos??(Two tone wrapper like the Cabinetta and long as hell) The place is fairly close to the house so it could be trouble.:-) If I was an Opus Ho I would really be in trouble. I was supposed to be done for the month as I shot my load early but they had some stuff that you don't see around here to often.
[Reply]
longknocker 08:02 PM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
A new local opened up recently. I went to check it out today and they have a huge walk-in with a great selection. The owner of the shop is a really friendly guy and I ended up spending 45 minutes or so just BSing with him. Walked out with some great sticks to boot. (3) 8-5-8 Sungrowns, (2) LFD AirBender Chisels and a LGC Aretesanos??(Two tone wrapper like the Cabinetta and long as hell) The place is fairly close to the house so it could be trouble.:-) If I was an Opus Ho I would really be in trouble. I was supposed to be done for the month as I shot my load early but they had some stuff that you don't see around here to often.
Just Tell Her "I'm Sorry" & It Won't Happen Again"!:-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:16 PM 10-05-2010
It seems like a good kind of "trouble" :-)
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 08:55 PM 10-05-2010
How many 858 SG's did they have? I can never seem to find any.
[Reply]
nick2021 11:39 PM 10-05-2010
Lucky on the 858, most places have been out!
[Reply]
neoflex 07:04 AM 10-06-2010
Originally Posted by 4WheelVFR:
How many 858 SG's did they have? I can never seem to find any.
I took the first three out of the box. This shop is affiliated with another shop in the Charlotte area that is in tight with Fuente so they always have the HTF Fuente stuff so I am assuming the same will go for the new place especially after seeing their Opus and Rosado stock. The other shop is where I was able to score the 858 Rosados. Plus not a lot of people have discovered them yet so that may also be the reason why they still have them left. They do have a limit of 5 on them. I should of hit the cap but I was trying to be good since I knew I would be leaving with more than just those especially since I heard they had Air Bender Chisels and I already blew my budget for the month a couple days earlier. Great shop though and the owner was a real good guy too. I hope they do well. Their only downfall is that they are not a stand alone so they can't allow anyone to smoke inside.
I also caught word from one of the distributers in the area that another shop will be opening literally less than 10 minutes from the house. That shop is supposed to be a stand alone and will also include a lounge.
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:32 AM 10-06-2010
:-) :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 07:34 AM 10-06-2010
I know, I know, such problems.:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:43 AM 10-06-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
I know, I know, such problems.:-)
Exactly!!!:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:30 PM 10-06-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Just Tell Her "I'm Sorry" & It Won't Happen Again"!:-)
Doesn't work...I've tried that one!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
thebayratt 07:36 PM 10-06-2010
Now you have a cigar shop as your Misstress.......... what a shame that would be! My local B&M is 35mins away.... she treats me right though when I do go see her. lol
[Reply]
Jokermann 09:27 AM 10-07-2010
Where is this shop? And where will the stand alone be going?
[Reply]
neoflex 09:50 AM 10-07-2010
The new shop is in Blakeney next to Best Buy on Rea Road in Charlotte just before the you get into Union County. The stand alone shop is said to be going on Skyway Drive off 74 in Monroe across from the Compare Shopping Center somewhere. Was going to head that way this weekend to see if I can see anything that would resemble a cigar shop going in. Where in NC are you?
[Reply]
Jokermann 10:25 AM 10-07-2010
Monroe near Charlotte Plastics
[Reply]
Up