Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Fishing St. Augustine
trader1974 08:00 AM 10-03-2010
Hey everyone,

Just arrived in St. Augustine with my family and two others. I'm looking to take my girls (age 10 and 7) to do a little inshore fishing and was wondering if anyone had some tips on a nice calm spot. Any other tips would be appreciated also. We are staying on A1A south at a beach house. I was thinking of heading down to the Matanzas Inlet today and scoping out some spots. Thanks for the help.

Austin
[Reply]
dunng 08:13 AM 10-03-2010
PM Steve... :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 08:15 AM 10-03-2010
Steve (his username is Steve as well) is definitely your man!!
He's a grrrrrreat guy too! :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 08:18 AM 10-03-2010
If you want to charter a great inshore guide my old partner Larry Miniard is the man!!!

http://larryminiard.com/
[Reply]
Steve 04:10 PM 10-04-2010
I'm sorry to take so long to respond, but that dirty 4 letter word (work) keeps getting in the way of my fun! I pm'ed you. Let me know if you have any more questions.

How long are you going to be down here?

How about a couple of pictures to wet your appetite???

Surf

Grass
[Reply]
trader1974 07:19 PM 10-04-2010
You guys are right, Steve is the man! Thanks for the pm Steve and all the info. Those pictures are awesome!:-)
[Reply]
Powers 07:33 PM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by steve:
I'm sorry to take so long to respond, but that dirty 4 letter word (work) keeps getting in the way of my fun! I pm'ed you. Let me know if you have any more questions.

How long are you going to be down here?

How about a couple of pictures to wet your appetite???

Surf

Grass
Dang u steve lol. Those pics got me all pumped up for some redfishin' and make me really miss the grass flats, creeks, and oyster bars of the Big Bend
[Reply]
floydpink 09:14 AM 10-05-2010
Grass
Image[/quote]

Oh man, there is nothing better than sight fishing for reds on the flats in the early morning then fighting them on light tackle.

Those last few look like slot keepers and are begging for some blackening on the grill.

I miss my boat.
[Reply]
Up