Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Anyone have BBQ suggestions in Nashville?
shilala 02:33 PM 10-01-2010
Lisa and I will be there this weekend. I'd love some real BBQ, not the tourist stuff. Any suggestions?
[Reply]
shilala 05:05 PM 10-01-2010
Don't make me eat hot dogs, guys.
[Reply]
awsmith4 05:21 PM 10-01-2010
I wish I could help, I can point you to good places in Memphis, Knoxville and Chattanooga, but I know very little about Nashville.
[Reply]
G G 05:32 PM 10-01-2010
I can tell you not to stop at the quickie mart across the street from the Opryland Hotel. Don't know about the barbque there but they will steal your credit card info if you use a debit/visa card. Just happened to me a couple weeks ago.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:10 PM 10-01-2010
I have loved Jack's for years:

http://www.jacksbarbque.com/

It has gotten a bit commercial, but the food is still really good. It is right downtown and you can walk over the BB Kings Blues Club for a little after dinner fun!!! Enjoy brother. Downtown Nashville rocks!!!
[Reply]
GolfNut 06:29 PM 10-01-2010
I don't think TN'ers know how to BBQ.
[Reply]
shilala 10:15 AM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
I have loved Jack's for years:

http://www.jacksbarbque.com/

It has gotten a bit commercial, but the food is still really good. It is right downtown and you can walk over the BB Kings Blues Club for a little after dinner fun!!! Enjoy brother. Downtown Nashville rocks!!!
Thanks Brent, that's what we decided on. :-)
Jack's was really good. I enjoyed it a ton.
Yesterday, Lisa's cousin Doug made ribs. His wife Denise made beans and macaroni salad. The stuff those guys made was about thirty rungs above Jack's. I damn near killed myself from eating so much. :-)
I really did enjoy Jack's, that was exactly the kind of thing I wanted to see. Their food really was good, I have no complaints whatsoever, and it was just plain fun to see how they do things.
While I was on line, the guy serving pulled a shoulder out of the oven and chopped it up right in front of me. It took everything I had not to slam my face in that pile of pulled pork. :-)
Thanks again for the suggestion, we all had a blast!!! :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 11:01 AM 10-04-2010
Glad you enjoyed it brother!!!
[Reply]
Up