Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Converting Hydra LG to run on Beads
bishjd123 01:33 PM 12-04-2010
I think that's adding a bit more than just humidity.
[Reply]
waffle 01:38 PM 12-04-2010
Originally Posted by Bear:
Green foam sucks... :-)

:-)is the EXACT reason I wanted to get rid of the foam!!!! I'm using the waterbeads and its great! I can see EVERYTHING (I got clear) so I can tell if theres an issue... if there is I can easily just dump them and get new ones... I'm going to take that suggestion of setting it where I want and just letting it fly... I have 3/16" weather stripping already shipped... should work great, thanks for the offer though!
[Reply]
jonumberone 01:43 PM 12-04-2010
Seeing those pics I might get water beads now!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:44 PM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Seeing those pics I might get water beads now!
I replaced the foam in my Humicare with the water beads. Even though I only used the Humicare for a couple of months last year when I first got the cabinet, there was some mold on it.

I got two 12oz jars of the water beads for $2.99/ea from Michaels craft store. I may go back for another jar as there's plenty of room left in the reservoir. Checking the cabinet this evening, it's at 65% and the fans only turn on once or so a minute. I'll be adding another lbs of HCM beads soon, so I should be all set now for the winter months.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 02:26 PM 12-10-2010
So does the replacement of the foam with water beads cause the unit to work better in any way ? Do the beads hold the water and not give off humidity unless the fans are running ? I have a Hydra LG and I'm not particularly thrilled with the way it works . Sent the first one back and the second is definitely more accurate .
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up