Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Some Peoples Kids............Just a Vent
Gophernut 09:10 AM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Here's another example of how bad things are: In our 10 yr old's class, they have spelling tests on Fridays. The number of words they have to know for that test on Friday is dependent on how well they do on a pretest on Monday. They more they get wrong on Monday, the less they are required to know on Friday? Are you f'ing kidding me??? I was dumbfounded when I saw that. And this school is supposedly one of the best elementary schools in the state. Wow...has our education system gone in the tank, or what?
This is freaking ridiculous. Don't want to hurt the self esteem. If you don't have to work at it, is it really worth doing at all then? Actually punishing those that do try on Monday.

Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:

This seems totally different from non-involvement but is actually similar. When parents push the kids to succeed at everything, they miss teaching the simple but important stuff like the Golden Rule.
MCS
I see this often in athletics. The ones who have the most talent and ability often times have the less desire due to parent over-involvement.

Sorry to the OP about the situation there. Not a good feeling about having your stuff gone through and taken.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up