Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Hell of a way to spend the weekend
forgop 06:32 PM 09-05-2010
So, 9 days ago I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with walking pneumonia. He starts me on a couple of meds and I start getting back to normal. I finished up the last antibiotic (Factive) on Thursday and all seems well. Starting Saturday afternoon, I started breaking out in a rash that literally covers my entire body from the waist up. Went to urgent care this morning for a shot of prednisone and some more meds to help clear this up.

Why in the hell couldn't this have happened Friday when I could get in and see an actual dermatologist? I had the same kind of thing 5-6 years ago and went down the path of the prednisone and anti-itch meds. Didn't work and was given a different prescription to be used in conjunction with tanning as the UV light helped kill the rash quite well. Now I'm stuck with this for at least 2 more days.

I did a search for rash for this antibiotic and it seems quite common. The other side effects have been less than desirable as well. No more antibiotics from this family from now on.
[Reply]
Cigarcop 06:39 PM 09-05-2010
Sorry to hear that Duane, hope your feeling better sooner than later:-)
[Reply]
DrDubzz 08:20 PM 09-05-2010
yeah, that'll rule out Levaquin, Cipro, and Avelox.

To be honest, I'm surprised they didn't go with a Z-Pak for walking pneumonia to be honest, Factive seems a little overkill (both in coverage and in price)

I'm glad your allergy wasn't any worse. I hope you get to feeling better soon
[Reply]
Chingas 12:29 AM 09-06-2010
Brother, that's terrible. Feel Better Man. I've had the walking before as well. Luckily i can't remember having any kind of reaction to the antis.
[Reply]
longknocker 05:25 AM 09-06-2010
Sorry, Brother.:-) Hope You Feel Better Soon & Smoke A Good Cigar To Celebrate!:-)
[Reply]
forgop 06:52 AM 09-06-2010
Originally Posted by RX2010:
yeah, that'll rule out Levaquin, Cipro, and Avelox.

To be honest, I'm surprised they didn't go with a Z-Pak for walking pneumonia to be honest, Factive seems a little overkill (both in coverage and in price)

I'm glad your allergy wasn't any worse. I hope you get to feeling better soon
My doctor gave me samples and said it's the most effective thing on the market. Therefore price was no issue and he wanted something fast acting. It's just strange that I didn't break out for 8 days after I started taking it.
[Reply]
hotreds 08:40 AM 09-06-2010
Well, brother, prayers out to you! You've been having a tough time of it and I pray the Good Lord will grant you peace and easier riding in the future!
[Reply]
Up