Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Help with Burning DVD's
BigFrank 08:10 AM 08-28-2010
Like the title says. I need helps!!!
I currently have DVD Flick Program and the DVD's that I burn I am using the recommended settings of the program. The DVD's either wont play or will play and play choppy or play only portions of the movie and skip parts of the movie. At first I thought it was maybe our outdated DVD player but DVD that friends or relatives burned for us play fine. We recently picked up a new DVD player and the results are the same. I'm using DVD - R DVD's.

Can anyone recommend me a good DVD burning program to use? Also are there any tricks or tips to burning DVD's?
[Reply]
RGD. 10:08 AM 08-28-2010
I use two programs: Nero and DVDFab 7 in addition to other sorted programs.

Nero/Nero Express will pretty much walk you through everything. If using Windows - the built in Movie maker handles most burns well.

What are you trying to burn? Homemade movies or downloaded material. Are you selecting the correct format: NTSC and not PAL.

How old is your DVD burner? I tend to burn a lot and my burners only last me about 6 to 7 months before they are making coasters.

How old is your computer? A lot of older computers can't handle burning and saying being on the internet at the same time.

Ron
[Reply]
Eleven 10:23 AM 08-28-2010
I also use Nero. One thing I learned long ago was to always burn DVDs at the SLOWEST possible speed.

Sounds like the same issues I was having, and the burning speed was the culprit.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 10:26 AM 08-28-2010
I use clone DVD, I agree burn at slowest speed. I agree, I go through about 2 burners a year. And last do not do anything else on computer while burning.

Hope this helps.
[Reply]
BigFrank 12:57 PM 08-28-2010
Originally Posted by RGD.:

What are you trying to burn? Homemade movies or downloaded material. Are you selecting the correct format: NTSC and not PAL.

How old is your DVD burner? I tend to burn a lot and my burners only last me about 6 to 7 months before they are making coasters.

How old is your computer? A lot of older computers can't handle burning and saying being on the internet at the same time.

Ron
Downloaded movies
Dont remember what format but I will remember this next time

Mine is the same age as my PC ( 2 years ) but I havent burned much material.

2 years old. Still running vista. Been too lazy to re-format to windows 7. I doubt this is the problem being my pc is a slightly custom built pc that was more than enough processing speed and ram.
[Reply]
aich75013 01:19 PM 08-28-2010
Originally Posted by RPmark:
I use clone DVD, I agree burn at slowest speed. I agree, I go through about 2 burners a year. And last do not do anything else on computer while burning.

Hope this helps.
I use Clone DVD as well.
It's easy to use.
I burn at Max speed (using 16x DVDs) and never have a problem.
I have had problems before but it was more due to the DVDs I was using.
[Reply]
BigFrank 02:18 PM 08-28-2010
Gave the windows DVD burner a shot. Used the NTSC format and burned it as slow as it would allow me too. Kids are watching their movie now, I'm a little unhappy with the quality and the movie size isnt taking up my entire TV screen.
[Reply]
RGD. 06:31 PM 08-28-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Gave the windows DVD burner a shot. Used the NTSC format and burned it as slow as it would allow me too. Kids are watching their movie now, I'm a little unhappy with the quality and the movie size isnt taking up my entire TV screen.
Quality and aspect ratio is normally due to the encoding of the source video. Also depends on the type of video and where you got it from.

Sending you a PM so we can discuss this a little further.

Ron
[Reply]
jledou 02:47 AM 08-29-2010
If you already have the image file for a DVD or a CD Image Burn is one of the simplest and easiest programs IMO and it is an open source program.
[Reply]
moosie 05:54 PM 08-29-2010
I use ImgBurn.
http://download.cnet.com/ImgBurn/300...-10847481.html
[Reply]
Up