Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>iPad...
Eagle53 10:30 AM 08-20-2010
Originally Posted by darkleeroy:
I'd prefer something like this over the iPad because I probably could install Linux on the eee-pad. I really like the seemless qualities of the iPad (works out of the box at a speed I would like it to work at) but at the same time, dislike being restricted.
Ive heard its unbelievably easy to jailbreak an ipad
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:30 AM 08-20-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
...The iPad just fills the gap between my iPhone and my laptop. It's just a big iPod touch, or a big iPhone, to me.
It's great for dragging around the house, surfing wherever I want. In the kitchen or out on the porch it's nice to have. I really don't use it for music at all, and not much for video...
I figured that the iPad would be good for watching movies, but it sounds like you don't use it much for that. Is that because it's not that good for watching movies, or because you have something better (besides your HT system)?
[Reply]
shilala 11:58 AM 08-20-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I figured that the iPad would be good for watching movies, but it sounds like you don't use it much for that. Is that because it's not that good for watching movies, or because you have something better (besides your HT system)?
It's awesome for watching movies, I just don't do it. When I first got it I was still working in the shop quite a bit and used it to watch MLB.com. I'm near a big tv and have netflix on all of them, so I use it to surf while I'm watching movies.
But yeah, it's incredible for watching movies, I just don't use it for that right now. :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 12:59 PM 08-21-2010
My wife is addicted to hers. She's always on FB or watching NETFLIX. I use it almost as much as she does. Need to buy myself one I think. But that would mean no cigars for awhile so its a no go.
[Reply]
AD720 10:19 AM 09-06-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
If there was one thing I'd like, it'd be an integrated way to transfer pics to the iPad. I can do it, but it's a pain in the ass, so I don't bother. A USB port or card reader would kick ass. :-)

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531ZM/A
:-)
[Reply]
AD720 10:22 AM 09-06-2010
Typing this from an iPad right now. We got one for my elderly grandfather a couple months ago and he did his best but it was just a little too complicated for him so he gave it back to us. It really my wife's but I plan on using it when i'm out having a cigar, etc. The netflix app is great and I'm seriously considering joing hulu plus.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up