Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>I'm allergic to allergies
markem 11:38 AM 07-28-2010
I have terrible allergies. I take pills and eye drops daily, often several times a day (they are all 24 hour variety, but your 24 hours may vary).

When things get real bad (not high allergies, just certain allergens), I have to take Benadryl, which really puts me out (sleep is good) and makes me groggy until I get a bunch of coffee into me.

Even using a neti pot fails at this time of year.

So, who else just loves summer but hates the effects?

Off to nap ... Image :-)
[Reply]
wayner123 11:44 AM 07-28-2010
Have you tried nasonex or Flonase?
[Reply]
markem 11:47 AM 07-28-2010
I've used flonase and similar mild steroids, but build up a tolerance after many years of use.
[Reply]
the MacDonald 11:53 AM 07-28-2010
Originally Posted by markem:
I have terrible allergies. I take pills and eye drops daily, often several times a day (they are all 24 hour variety, but your 24 hours may vary).

When things get real bad (not high allergies, just certain allergens), I have to take Benadryl, which really puts me out (sleep is good) and makes me groggy until I get a bunch of coffee into me.

Even using a neti pot fails at this time of year.

So, who else just loves summer but hates the effects?

Off to nap ... Image :-)
You must have it really bad. The neti pot (as gross and uncomfortable as it is) really helped me out. Another thing that helped was and still is a little cognac in the evening.

I love the heat, which my wife hates so while I am pretending to be vacationing in Cuba she is complaining every minute. :-)
[Reply]
Up