Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>need to rant
gettysburgfreak 09:02 PM 07-26-2010
Earlier this month I went to a gun show in San Antonio with the hope of buying a red dot site for my ar. I really wanted an eotech but didn't want to blow 500 bucks. My buddy brought me to a table run by a guy selling a sig sauer for 200. Sig makes pretty good guns so I gave it a shot. Long story short I got it home didn't like it and the reviews on it were bad. The guy who sold it has a website where he sells gun accessories so I emailed him and asked if I could return it and he said sure. OK at this point I'm happy I send it out no problem. I email him a few times to see if he got it and he gives me the run around saying he's in the process of moving and is in Houston. Finally get an email on sat saying he got it and needs my debit card info to issue the credit. I give it to him and now can't get an email back from him as to whether or not he issued the refund. So far nothing in my account. I am beginning to think I lost 200 bucks and I feel like there is nothing I can do about it. Rant.over.
[Reply]
T.G 09:42 PM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
Earlier this month I went to a gun show in San Antonio with the hope of buying a red dot site for my ar. I really wanted an eotech but didn't want to blow 500 bucks. My buddy brought me to a table run by a guy selling a sig sauer for 200. Sig makes pretty good guns so I gave it a shot. Long story short I got it home didn't like it and the reviews on it were bad. The guy who sold it has a website where he sells gun accessories so I emailed him and asked if I could return it and he said sure. OK at this point I'm happy I send it out no problem. I email him a few times to see if he got it and he gives me the run around saying he's in the process of moving and is in Houston. Finally get an email on sat saying he got it and needs my debit card info to issue the credit. I give it to him and now can't get an email back from him as to whether or not he issued the refund. So far nothing in my account. I am beginning to think I lost 200 bucks and I feel like there is nothing I can do about it. Rant.over.

Was the initial transaction done on the card?

If so, call the bank/card underwriter and explain the situation and file a stop/reverse payment request.
[Reply]
Chingas 10:47 PM 07-26-2010
Patience is key brother. I've gotten refunds on my debit card that didn't show up on my account for well over two weeks. I know it's incredibly frustrating but kick back, smoke a cigar, or two and think about something else for a while. Some things take their sweet time.

Hope you didn't get F'd brother.
[Reply]
Up