Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Hot Tubs
mosesbotbol 11:38 AM 07-26-2010
I am looking to buy a used hot tub on Craigslist. What brands, option, etc... should I look for?

What advice can you give? Not looking to spend a lot.
[Reply]
md4958 11:46 AM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I am looking to buy a used hot tub on Craigslist. What brands, option, etc... should I look for?

What advice can you give? Not looking to spend a lot.
If you happen to get one that was used at a no-tell motel, make sure you scrub it down with bleach.

:-)
[Reply]
nozero 11:55 AM 07-26-2010
http://home.comcast.net/~hot_tub/used-hot-tubs.htm

Many more here.
http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...ed+hot+tub+%3F
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 12:10 PM 07-26-2010
From the first link:

Originally Posted by :
Used hot tubs are generally hard to find (due to the semi-permanent nature of even "portable" hot tubs), but if you're lucky enough to find someone selling one in your area,.....
I get pages and pages on CL. :-)
[Reply]
ridenlive 12:25 PM 07-26-2010
i would be very nervous about buying a used hot tub after seeing that movie "Out Cold"...
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:28 PM 07-26-2010
For the all the things I have done in a hot tub... I am not worried about where it was. If got a lot of action, all the better- it must be good luck, lol...
[Reply]
Wanger 01:07 PM 07-26-2010
Only swingers have hot tubs.
[Reply]
Beagleone 02:04 PM 07-26-2010
A cigar buddy of mine from the local B&M got a hot tub off Craigslist for free; he just needed to go pick it up. It is a 8 person hard sided hot tub that the owners never really used. It was just a big PITA for them, so their loss was his gain.

Originally Posted by Wanger:
Only swingers have hot tubs.
Not always true, but then again, my friend & his wife are swingers. :-)
[Reply]
md4958 02:10 PM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
For the all the things I have done in a hot tub... I am not worried about where it was. If got a lot of action, all the better- it must be good luck, lol...
Thats how people get pink eye!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 03:08 PM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by md4958:
Thats how people get pink eye!

As long as I am not pissin' razors, lol...
[Reply]
floydpink 04:18 PM 07-26-2010
I obsessed the purchase of mine to a maddening point and learned a few things.

1. Every salesman will say there's is the best and has features no other company has. (can't blame them)

2. The lounger seat is popular with some, but rarely used by most.

3. The cover and lifter can not be skimped on and will play a huge role in you enjoyment.

4. Dichlor is for pools and bromine is for spas. Don't let anyone tell you different. Hotwater maintainance isn't hard but important.

5. Wet test, in other words, sit in the tub before you buy it and try it out. If the dealer won't let you, go somewhere else.

Almost any doctor or chiroprator can be talked into giving you a prescription for a spa for a variety of ailments and if they do, there is no sales tax and the purchase is a tax deduction.

For me, there were a lot of spas worth considering but the only two worth buying are either a Hotspring or Jacuzzi. I picked Jacuzzi and love the thing.

Jacuzzi is to spas as Q-tips are to ear swabs or Kleenex is to tissues. They invented the things before your grandparents were born so they have it figured out.

Many will tell you their grandma has a Joes Jammin Jacuzzi lookalike and they have 10,000 jets and are the best, so make sure you check up on the brand before buying. What is inside is as important as what is outside.

They all have lots of options and for me, the stereo and led lighting were ones I wanted and am glad I got.

Happy soaking. Smoking a cigar in my spa with the music and lights on is one of my life's greatest pleasures.

[Reply]
floydpink 04:20 PM 07-26-2010
Oh, if you really want to read up and learn all things spa, head over to what'sthebesthottub.com

It's an online forum dedicated to hottubs but overcrowded with Hotspring salesmen.

I got mine 6 years ago and have never had a mechanical breakdown and only replaced one cover that Hurricane Charlie took with the trees and taught me about tie down straps.
[Reply]
floydpink 04:58 PM 07-26-2010
Edit:

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/reviews/

All things hottubs
[Reply]
Wanger 08:25 AM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by Beagleone:

Not always true, but then again, my friend & his wife are swingers. :-)
:-):-):-) LOL
[Reply]
darkleeroy 08:54 AM 07-27-2010
Make sure you get one that travels in time, but establish beforehand that it isn't stuck in the 80's setting.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 08:59 AM 07-27-2010
The only way to go IMO....

[Reply]
HK3- 09:04 AM 07-27-2010
They come in every size, shape, and with accessory options out the yang. They are the best place to smoke in the winter months. :-)
[Reply]
jmsremax 09:06 AM 07-27-2010
Thermospa :-)
[Reply]
floydpink 09:09 AM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by HK3-:
They come in every size, shape, and with accessory options out the yang. They are the best place to smoke in the winter months. :-)
True. mine stays drained all summer as getting into 105 degree water in this heat isn't fun.
[Reply]
HK3- 09:23 AM 07-27-2010
This is what I have... It's my first tub. It came with our house when we bought it. Works great. Having the radio and colored lights is definately a bonus at night when smoking cigars.

http://www.dynastyspas.com/tabid/65/...8/Default.aspx

WOW, who knew they got this sweet? http://www.dynastyspas.com/tabid/65/...6/Default.aspx
[Reply]
Up