Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>Looking to purchase a driver, what do you use?
md4958 03:25 PM 07-16-2010
Originally Posted by Tuxguy:
just got home from trying out about 10 drivers at Dunhams. They did not have any Ping drivers but of all the one I tried the winner was the Taylor Made R9 460. I tried different Taylor Made lines, Callaway and Nikes. I wanna try the Ping ones though before pulling the trigger.
Now, see if you can do a demo on the range or on the course.. most places will let you do this for $10-$20... not bad considering its a $400 driver. Hitting off a mat in the shop is different than teeing up on a 500 yard par 5.

:-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 03:33 PM 07-16-2010
Originally Posted by md4958:
Now, see if you can do a demo on the range or on the course.. most places will let you do this for $10-$20... not bad considering its a $400 driver. Hitting off a mat in the shop is different than teeing up on a 500 yard par 5.

:-)
I completely agree. Minimum at an outdoor range. Not sure if Trackman machine is offered in your area but if it is I highly recommend it. It is a great system to get fitted on.
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 09:19 PM 10-19-2014
Just played a round with my new Cleveland Black 9° Driver with the Miyazaki Stiff shaft. I'm really happy with it and replaying some of the drives I hit over and over in my head.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up